Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moutain Bike Tire on Spinergy Wheels ???

Moutain Bike Tire on Spinergy Wheels ???

I currently have a set of wire spoke wheels with very agressive tires on them. I do not like them at all. I have found a moutain bike tire that looks like it might work for me. My question is can I mount them on a set of Spinergy Wheels.

The tires I am looking at is a Schwalbe Land cruiser. It is available in 24x1.75 and 24x1.90/200. Could either of these be mounted on a set 24" Spinergy Spox wheels that I already have?

The tires I have now are 24x1.95. They do pretty well on grass and sand which is where they are most used. They are just way too agressive and not very hand friendly. If they could be mounted, would the 1.75 tire do as well as the 1.90 in those areas.

Thanks for any insight.

not those - they are made for 507 rims, and spinergy 24s are 540. kenda make some wheelchair specific knobby tires that do fit on 540 rims (sportaid has them)

Thanks amy. I'll take a look at Kenda.

if someone else asks this, you can put '26 inch mountain BIKE' tires on 559 rims, which are the wheelchair size '25 inch'. spinergy make them, as do glance, x-core, etc... so you can buy those tires at ordinary bike shops.

Quote Originally Posted by amyk View Post
    if someone else asks this, you can put '26 inch mountain BIKE' tires on 559 rims, which are the wheelchair size '25 inch'. spinergy make them, as do glance, x-core, etc... so you can buy those tires at ordinary bike shops.

True! I have spinergy LX's 25 in (559) I know they use 26x`1.95.... But witha lil futzing with spaceing I have managed to put 26x2.10. I run Panaracer FireHawks.

Here is a Flight Ultralight wheelchair http://www.airwheelchair.com with mountain bike tires on spinergy 25" wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by amyk View Post
    yup, this is correct.

i'm currently running 26x2.1" continental mountain bike tires on my x-cores (25").

that flight chair looks odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett View Post
    [...]

that flight chair looks odd.
    Indeed...

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelchair Designer View Post
    Here is a Flight Ultralight wheelchair http://www.airwheelchair.com with mountain bike tires on spinergy 25" wheels.

Hmmmmm

Might this new CareCure member be Keith E. Entz, CEO of Aero Innovative Research, the manufacturer of the Flight Ultralight Wheelchair?

I was thinking the very same thing, 'OTR. If so, he should stand up and be counted. Stealth advertisements, even when on topic, suck, IMO. Not to mention I've got tons of questions about the flight chair design. It has struck a...peculiar...balance between form and function. It appears the function dominated the form. You can paint it camouflage but it's not blending in to any surroundings. LOL. Somebody at Aero Innovative Research is the proud owner of an ugly stick and they used it beat this chair up one side and down the other. Don't get me wrong, ugly or not, if it works I'm into it, but dang, that things strikes one helluva profile! Nice mountain bike tires, by the way.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.