Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Netflix or Blockbuster?

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post
    Do you have to have a landline to use the box? I only have my cell phone and my broadband card through Verizon.
    You need to have broadband cable or dsl and a router (wired or wireless). I don't think your broadband card will work with the Roku player since the card is inserted into your laptop.

I just started using Netflix last week, due to the discussions here. I kept getting free trial offers, but always set them aside to look at later.

So far it seems great, the movies seem to take a day in the mail each way, and it is easy to pick movies to come next. I like way it offers suggestions and ratings based on the ratings you give movies. We have also watch a couple instantly on the computer, the quality was great.

Now I wonder why we didn;t do this before! The monthly fee is certainly less than we were paying in rental fees over a month.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I haven't tried netflix, but been following this thread over the past few weeks. The Roku player sounds really intriguing. What titles are available via Roku? Is it the same titles as netflix online?

How does the selection compared to Apple TV or cable PPV / VOD offerings?
    Daniel

my fam uses blockbuster, love it.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I think I have decided to go with Netflix and try it out. My sister will not come to a conclusion so I think I am going with the cheapest unlimited package and see how the ole budget handles it. We will see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_nc View Post
    I haven't tried netflix, but been following this thread over the past few weeks. The Roku player sounds really intriguing. What titles are available via Roku? Is it the same titles as netflix online?

How does the selection compared to Apple TV or cable PPV / VOD offerings?
    The same as the "Watch Instantly" selection online. You add movies to your Intant Queue on the Netflix website and the Roku player displays your Instant Queue so you can choose what to watch. It's a better selection than the free on-demand movies available on Comcast, especially in the documentaries and TV shows.

I have been using the Roku player for the past two weeks. The player is about the size of an external hard drive and it sits on top of my TV. It is a straightforward setup but if you have any problems they do offer free technical support.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com