Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Netflix or Blockbuster?

I use Netflix <3 I usually only get new releases so haven't had any problems with defects on the discs. My boyfriend has a xbox360 and we are able to watch movies instantly through that.

I only get 1 disc at a time...cheap & they are fast getting me the movies!!
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

I use Blockbuster and exchange all my movies at the store for new ones. I have a queue full of old movies that I want to watch and I get the new ones at the store, plus you can exchange it for partial rental of games also. I tried Netflix with its watch it now thing to run it through my home theater computer click to enlarge it to a high definition resolution was a little bit too much for even a high-speed computer
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

We have been using Netflix since they first came out in 1997. I have never had a problem with them and they have gotten faster at delivery over the years. I send movies back on Saturdays and get new releases on day they are released. I highly suggest them.
    Cathi - Wife of Edward (C6-7 complete) as of Sept. 2,2007

I started with Blockbuster but their pricing structure just about doubled so I canceled my account. For awhile Blockbuster was beating up on Netflix with their low rentals. I still get emails from Blockbuster trying to woo me back, but I am satisfied with Netflix. I like the vision of the Roku box in being able to watch movies from the Internet on your TV.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by PN View Post
    I like the vision of the Roku box in being able to watch movies from the Internet on your TV.
    I love my Roku, and it now streams movies in HD if you want (720p). Soon it'll work with Amazon's On Demand service as well, and "more to come." Netflix's partnership with Starz really improved their choices of movies to watch instantly, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    I love my Roku, and it now streams movies in HD if you want (720p). Soon it'll work with Amazon's On Demand service as well, and "more to come." Netflix's partnership with Starz really improved their choices of movies to watch instantly, too.
    I did not know about the partnership with Starz, and this will make the Roku Player even more appealing. It looks like we will have to pay to watch content from Amazon On Demand service. I have heard good reports and some that are not so good when it comes to streaming from your router to the Roku Player. The issue may be buffering. If you are hardwired, then all should be good.
    Last edited by PN; 02-02-2009 at 09:13 PM.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by PN View Post
    I have heard good reports and some that are not so good when it comes to streaming from your router to the Roku Player. The issue may be buffering. If you are hardwired, then all should be good.
    I'm not sure, but I connect to my router wirelessly and rarely have problems. The quality and speed are better/more consistent with my Roku player compared to using my computer. But connecting wirelessly on my Mac may be why I have trouble getting a "High" quality download speed despite my generally 10k dload speed I get. The Starz movies can be seen on your computer as well, btw.

I thought about getting the box. I just started my Netflix subscription this week.

Do you have to have a landline to use the box? I only have my cell phone and my broadband card through Verizon.

I watched a couple of the on demand ones this weekend through my laptop and I love that feature.

Heath I am upping mine to three movies at a time. I am really pleased with Netflix.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

very satisfied w/netflix for about three years. Besides good service they stay innovative w/ their site and continuously offering more features. Good reviews, movie suggestions based on how you rated movies viewed, tastes & preferences.

Current issue of Consumers Reports (just out) gave Netflix a "Best Buy" over Blockbuster by a pretty wide margin.

(KLD)