Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: experience w/ AirTran?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Yeah, it doesn't really help you--just wanted to gloat. There are perks to living in Florida other than just the warm weather.
    Scorp, Don't you guys in FL get a tax break on real estate if you have some type of paralysis or "limb impairment", plus no state income tax?

Quote Originally Posted by smokey View Post
    Scorp, Don't you guys in FL get a tax break on real estate if you have some type of paralysis or "limb impairment", plus no state income tax?
    Correct. No state income tax for anyone and no property tax on your primary residence if you're a quad.

Scorp, One more thing....and not to hijack the thread...do I understand correctly that the FL intangible personal property tax has been repealed? So FL residents no longer have to pay 1/10 of 1% on any of balance of their bank deposits, stocks, mutual funds and so forth? Thanks.

Correct, Smokey. Go here for more info... http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/taxes/ippt.html

Quote Originally Posted by smokey View Post
    not to hijack the thread....
    no prob. i got my answer a while back.

Hello, I am planning a cruise out of the port of Miami in Nov.. I am undecided on flying with my favorite SW to FLL or to fly into Miami on AA. I usually fly into orlando. This would be new to either fll or miami. I would then have to get a shuttle from fll to the port and back(after the cruise). Thoughts!!
    If I fly into Miami, I have been told that there is an abundance of chair equipped taxis to take me to a hotel or the port.

Has anybody cruised out of the Port Of Miami?? where did you fly into?? What did you use to transfer to the port or hotel??

Thanks in advance

ron

I used airtran befor I was up on maffo's, They checked the chair, there was this silly chair they used to get trough the isle to the seat. the flight attendants were very kind, and it was a nice flight. Had to be first on last off. same for with maffo's and styx, I went from philly, and all the pain in the butt issues were the airport and not the airline. the worst was valujet. clstrfkt.