Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: experience w/ AirTran?

Quote Originally Posted by smokey View Post
    I don't want to be a buzz-kill but AirTran is the old ValuJet. I remember back in 1996 ValuJet had a flight that did a nose dive into the FL everglades killing everybody on board.
    So you only fly Qantas?

C.

Tiger Racing, lol. No never been on Quantas. However, I was on a cheap Boston-Aruba charter about 10 years ago and the carrier was a Mexican discount airline called Taesa. What a fucking nightmare. Worst flight ever, left Aruba to come home about 15 hours late, no ventilation/air conditioning on the aircraft, made an emergency stop in Bonaire shortly after takeoff, flew through a horrible storm off the coast of FL, rainwater was leaking in around the door, the jet was lurching and dropping, people were puking....in fact they actually ran out of barf bags. I tell you it was unreal. I always vowed since then to never simply take the cheapest flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
    You mean BWI to FLL? Easy flight with a possible stop in Jacksonville but you stay put. BWI also has accessible buses to all the longterm parkin g as well as the daily. We just flew to New Orleans on SW by way of Orlando (explains the high price down--super bowl overflow who couldn't get into Tampa) last weekend. You can check your bags and get a first gate check tag on your chair at the curb. Then they have contracted helpers who roll you through security and over to your gate to get you a preboarding pass. Once you have that blue plastic pass you have a front bulkhead seat. If you mean Dulles or Reagen, good luck. Their parking is impossible. Or was last time we tried them.

Oh, on your return from the cruise--don't buy a transfer. We've never been on time for flights either from port of Miami or FLL. We just have the head cabbie flag us a minivan or small lift van to the airports. Beats paying for airport food for an extra 9 hour wait from Miami on AA or 4 from FLL on SW.
    We're flying out of Dulles / IAD. Baltimore is another hour+ worth of driving. I've flown out of IAD many times before & haven't had any issues with parking, aside from idiot shuttle drivers that don't know what to do w/ chairs.

This is a long trip though (basically 2 weeks) & I'm not too keen on paying long-term parking prices, so I may try and get a friend who lives nearby to meet us @ the airport & take my car elsewhere.

good point about the transfer as well... thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett View Post
    This is a long trip though (basically 2 weeks) & I'm not too keen on paying long-term parking prices, so I may try and get a friend who lives nearby to meet us @ the airport & take my car elsewhere.
    In Florida, you get free hourly and long-term parking if you use hand controls or have a wheelchair lift/ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    In Florida, you get free hourly and long-term parking if you use hand controls or have a wheelchair lift/ramp.
    I'll keep that in mind if I ever decide to drive to Florida to fly elsewhere.

pretty cool regardless.

I'll keep that in mind if I ever decide to drive to Florida to fly elsewhere.

pretty cool regardless.
    Yeah, it doesn't really help you--just wanted to gloat. There are perks to living in Florida other than just the warm weather.

There are perks to living in Florida other than just the warm weather.
    not many. florida is america's wang.

not many. florida is america's wang.
    Heh, true. But it's a nice wang.

Heh, true. But it's a nice wang.
    /thread.