Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Stock traders corner

Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
    Rainman, keep this partisan shit in politics or don't post it at all.

ND

My post has everything to do with this forum. Everything obama does right now has a effect on our money and markets. The markets don't believe he has things under control. He been showing that he wants to pass the buck to the last administration and not wanting to own up to the job he campaign for.

We need a leader like reagan who owned up to the task right from the start. Not a whiner who's not willing to step up to the plate. If obama comes out tonight and doesn't mention that he inherited this mess and shows he's willing to step up to the plate and own this market, this market will rally.

End it. Or move it to political.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    ND

My post has everything to do with this forum. Everything obama does right now has a effect on our money and markets. The markets don't believe he has things under control. He been showing that he wants to pass the buck to the last administration and not wanting to own up to the job he campaign for.

We need a leader like reagan who owned up to the task right from the start. Not a whiner who's not willing to step up to the plate. If obama comes out tonight and doesn't mention that he inherited this mess and shows he's willing to step up to the plate and own this market, this market will rally.
    And the truth shall set you free.

GLD is down so far today will see if it holds. If we end session down I may look to Buy Mar 95 Call, I think it will go back up. Its finding good support at S2 pivot line 94.37, if it breaks that intraday we could settle lower. watching that trade on my end for a possible play.. Good trading...

GLD was never a part of my portfolio before.

I guess its the basic Armageddon trade.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Actually govt types have a lot to do with the market, as evidenced by Bernanke today...he says everything is good, no depression just a short recession...market up (he gets an 'oversold' award for accuracy today). If I recall Bammy has a habit of crashing the market after he speaks. I smell clueless fear out of the gubment also, market does as well. And it's not partison, the entire Fed system needs to be severely pruned back IMO

GLD...yeah, there was some concerted selling when I looked at it today, musta been that "1K gold", now lets sell it. Did I hear right that Cramer said buy gold at some point? That could be a reason as well, lol.

Went out on a limb today, 30 put contracts of some sort ITM on SPY (losing track of what they are, but I didnt own 'em before just in case for tax purposes...hopefully that wont be an issue ) Might be early, but the trend is your friend, right?

Good luck!

A little followup on why politics and the market are presently intertwined...

One view of the Obama speech as it relates to the market and futures market reaction to the speech:

http://market-ticker.denninger.net/a...ict-BOOOO.html

South Side of the Potomac ..... IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER

A funny take on the Serious Economy.

I hope some one gets a smile from the cartoon short.

Wee Willy - He's Fiscally Silly
    Straandlooper, Catalogue Reference: tbyv3

http://www.cartoonstock.com/animatio...EGATIVEkeyword=

Back in cash. I suspect this thing is gonna churn in unknown directions until some clarity comes out of Washington. what to do now, I guess I'll wait for some support or resistance levels to be breached before piling in.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
    End it. Or move it to political.
    ND,

So, you want all topic's that have to due with obama and money put into politic's forum. Why is that?

Yep, I seriously have no clue what may happen in the market right now. Will it crash, with 'they' squeeze it, or will it just go sideways...hmmm. But I did stumble across this, I found it very fitting for the last couple days of gubment activities...