Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 235

Thread: Stock traders corner

  1. #61
    Suspended Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    9,722
    Did you get out? Those expired yesterday!

    Whatcha guys think about next week? Up, down, sideways? Unless we go into full-on crash mode I'm staying in cash for now I think.

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Buda, TX
    Posts
    102
    I think ur right. I'll wait and see too, cash is king now until this fear subsides some. The talking heads on tv keep yapping and none really knows what the market will do.. My dartboard seems to say we may get a spike then re-test s&p lows, gold will fall some, then retrace to new highs.. Seems the trading MO is to buy on rumors then sell on news. In the FX space, I am hearing, if u believe the so-called experts, that the Euro will rebound against the dollar. I may play some currency while waiting on market direction..GT

  3. #63
    Any bounce up will just be a bear market fake. We took a bad president and traded him in for a worse president. The market is telling you this administration knows nothing about economic's.

    His so called stimulus plan is just a spending spree of pork that the dems have wanted to get for a long time. And now they call it stimulus and obama talks the economy down by blaming the last administration so he can spend our future away. Much like jimmy carter did. Then came reagan, and he took charge right from the start telling us how the economy was going to change and quickly. We need another leader not a whiner.

    I warned you this guy was a socialist. And he is going to destroy us. Why do we need to bailout less than 10% of mortgagees because they made a bad mistake. All it's doing is prolonging the inevitable.

    His stimulus plan will start 37 new government programs that will last longer than his so called stimulus money. More government waist.

    Let's reward the failures and see if they can pull us out of this mess. Obama couldn't run a lemonade stand.

    Obama said he was going to go over each line of the stimulus and cut out all the pork. How is giving money to phillipean veterans or a tri-rail from vegas to disneyland going to stimulate anything soon. Pay back for the people who put him in office.

    If your a long term investor stay away from stocks until atleast the house and senate is back into the republicans hands.

    Buy gold and pray obama wakes up.

  4. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Perth Western Australia
    Posts
    5,197
    Next stop for the Dow 6000. I agree, buy gold.

  5. #65
    Suspended Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    9,722
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    We took a bad president and traded him in for a worse president. The market is telling you this administration knows nothing about economic's.
    Yep, I'm starting to wonder about this administration also.

    In my perusal of various opinions around the 'net...this kind of caught my eye regarding the financial issues. A good read I think, I liked the solution to the banking issues and all the BS going around that:


    http://market-ticker.org/archives/81...n-On-Deck.html

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by IanTPoulter View Post
    Next stop for the Dow 6000. I agree, buy gold.
    Next stop Dow 4500 ???
    Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People Do!

  7. #67
    Senior Member Mike C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    4,892
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    Obama said he was going to go over each line of the stimulus and cut out all the pork. How is giving money to phillipean veterans or a tri-rail from vegas to disneyland going to stimulate anything soon. Pay back for the people who put him in office.
    Obama said there wasn´t any pork at all in that bill.

    Peoples 401k plans and pension funds are going to be wiped out.
    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

  8. #68
    Senior Member Mike C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    4,892
    The Euro is going to tank. Eastern Europe is so FUBAR, it´s beyond hope. Austria´s banks alone are up to their gills in exposure...around 70% of GDP. Not to mention the situation in Ireland, Spain, Greece, Malta, ect.

    http://www.rferl.org/content/Eastern...e/1495211.html
    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Yep, I'm starting to wonder about this administration also.

    In my perusal of various opinions around the 'net...this kind of caught my eye regarding the financial issues. A good read I think, I liked the solution to the banking issues and all the BS going around that:


    http://market-ticker.org/archives/81...n-On-Deck.html

    Andy

    Obama has no idea what he is doing. Have you notice the economist that were for him have started to stray away from him or not mention his name at all.

    He came out out today and said he's going to cut the budget deficit in half by cutting spending on the iraq war and raising taxes. Nothing about cutting spending. But he's increasing spending at a higher rate than bush did. He's is turning this country into another cuba.

    Buy gold! And aq gun to protect yourself. Because the mexican gangs are coming.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Obama said there wasn´t any pork at all in that bill.

    Peoples 401k plans and pension funds are going to be wiped out.
    Mike

    He also said' 'Yes, we can'. Now he's telling us were in for a lot of pain. He preaches one way to get elected and another to get his pork paid for.

Similar Threads

  1. NeoTherapeutics Reverse Stock split - 25:1
    By mk99 in forum Funding, Legislation, & Advocacy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-06-2002, 02:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •