Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Stock traders corner

Too many bears, so my dartboard says go long. Picked up a batch of XOM 75 calls today, they'll get probably get murdered next week as the premium goes south, but its a gamble for cheap that lets me stay in the game.

GL

I'm hearing analysts liking silver more than gold for what it's worth.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Silver could be, I dunno much about metals. Since youre in GLD, just keep an eye on ~930/oz which in GLD offset is 92-92.20-ish for support. Run if you see 91's, possible false breakout. Chart looks ok still to me though.

Oil should be interesting, dollar might get killed more with 'stimulus', commodities might compensate value even with the 'demand' issues. I know front month oil rallied yesterday, lets see if a continuation might cause a short scare in XOM which technically broke support Thurday possibly causing shorts to pile in that. Maybe they'll run the buy programs on XOM (at least that's where my bet is, my monkey and dartboard have been working fairly ok lately)

quad80...first thing Monday sell that XLF stuff! Unless some wild-ass shit like mark to model comes out, I think XLF is dead meat. Get all the premium you can out of it, opex games wont push it past 10 IMO

Good luck.

I''ve got mro as my oil play, gld for metal, I dont even want to consider anything else right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Silver could be, I dunno much about metals. Since youre in GLD, just keep an eye on ~930/oz which in GLD offset is 92-92.20-ish for support. Run if you see 91's, possible false breakout. Chart looks ok still to me though.

Oil should be interesting, dollar might get killed more with 'stimulus', commodities might compensate value even with the 'demand' issues. I know front month oil rallied yesterday, lets see if a continuation might cause a short scare in XOM which technically broke support Thurday possibly causing shorts to pile in that. Maybe they'll run the buy programs on XOM (at least that's where my bet is, my monkey and dartboard have been working fairly ok lately)

quad80...first thing Monday sell that XLF stuff! Unless some wild-ass shit like mark to model comes out, I think XLF is dead meat. Get all the premium you can out of it, opex games wont push it past 10 IMO

Good luck.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Rumors swirling of a GM.PK...might be a downer Tues, hmmm.

Although if F gets pushed to $1.00 again in reaction, I might be all over that on the long side (missed it the first time and didnt want to chase it).

Then again, what's a couple billion more when your printing a Trillion or so, lol.

Yay, boards back up!

Anyway, things sure looked shadey Monday night, eh? Tuesday I promptly bailed on that XOM long gamble, and aquired SPY Mar 85 puts along with QQQQ Feb 30 puts. I do believe it is look out below time.

Congrats on your GLD NoDecaf!

BTO March 95 CALL yesterday on GLD, so far working out great, will see how far she runs up... Bailed on XLF for $40 loss, och hate to lose $ but part of it. I'm glad I traded just 1 lot.

Sounds great! Looks like that "gold to $1K" is happening now, nice ramp up for sure.

As an aside, I decided to look at what my (former) GLD options from last week were looking like...whoops, there's $3K profit I missed pocketing, lol. I needed to purge to cash though, too exposed, but sometimes I get the feeling I'm always a week early, hmmm. Definately need a better monkey to throw darts at that board

Oh well, good luck guys, I think market down gold up is a theme for a bit at least.

Added to the Mar SPY 85's @ ~80 on the common today, and just bailed on my Feb Q's bet. I'm set for the month...autopilot time. Wish me luck...or point and laugh

You're a funny dude Andy.