Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Stock traders corner

Quote Originally Posted by XYNaPSE View Post
    . Isn't there a contingency plan? Like if the shit really hits the fan?

They got ya covered...

Have the media cover up the issue with 'optimistic' headlines...

Oil, Copper, Wheat Climb as Fed Debt Buying Plan Spurs Optimism

(Not like the dollar-denominated commodities went up when the dollar got slammed some -3% instantly after the 'announcement')

Then when the masses find cost of living surprisingly costly with their newly-devalued money that they may or may not have and begin to become restless...passify them...

With some new gun restrictions

(Complete with provisions for an 'Inspector' to come and visit your home, any time and at any hour. Miss a rule, and get sent to the 'camps', err, Federal Prison) <knock at the door at 2am...it's the inspectors...we know you have guns in there, time to collect them...the shits hitting the fan!>

How's that for 'ya!

I'm dont think too much of that Amero thing, I think that has been swirling around for like 10 years and doesnt make too much sense. But my senario seems to have more credence, did I mention the withdrawal of combat troops overseas to be stationed on the United States mainland last year to assist with 'domestic issues' last year? You gotta find the link for that one, Army Times had that story, I think I might have linked it in one of these forums once also.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Inflation to reduce the debt load in real terms also IMO. At any rate...I guess the 'green shoots' arent so green with such a desperate move, I smell real trembleing fear out of the government. Did you read Denneger's commentary on the BOE's version of what the Fed declared today?.....

"The outcome of this event would be the immediate destruction of Social Security, Medicare, half the military budget and half of all other government programs.

PS: Bernanke knows this, which is why it hasn't happened yet. Let's hope he continues to remember it, because the destruction of our government is very, very un-funny, and this would likely precipiate exactly that in a "vast and fast" form."

We're in for some fun. Market rally? Ok the banks are less bankrupt, but didnt we rally on this already? Ok rally on dollar weakness...but the consumer is????

I dunno, I did pick up another batch of April SPY 79's a couple minutes before the announcement, not doing anything anymore but riding those March GE's and AMZN's into the ground, and I cant really see a rally continueing out of this last ditch effort by the fed, things seem to be really f'ed if they are doing this. We'll see...I got a month for the SPY's, lol.

Good luck, and may god help us all

No, I don't know who denniger is. But remember, rally's always over shoot. And everything this administration is doing is scaring the sh out of me.

I agree the aig employee's don't deserve the bonuses but don't go rewriting laws to takaway our rights just because big brother disagree with it. Their just trying to push their weight around. You see their trying to takaway our guns and sending u.s. military into our community just to see how far they can go.

With gold and oil shooting up I decided to jump out of my fas early. The market might be seeing that obama is starting to fall from favor pretty quick. I think the market might start running into commodities so I bought some drys today.

I think the market might pause and set up a base but if it doesn't were in for a big drop.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    No, I don't know who denniger is. But remember, rally's always over shoot. And everything this administration is doing is scaring the sh out of me.

I agree the aig employee's don't deserve the bonuses but don't go rewriting laws to takaway our rights just because big brother disagree with it. Their just trying to push their weight around. You see their trying to takaway our guns and sending u.s. military into our community just to see how far they can go.
    AIG.... I don't like what they're doing but it's only less than 1% of the funds they are recieving. It kind of takes the eye off the ball. People are worried about $160 million when they should looking at what the $160 billion is doing. They have a right to be upset though. These guys ruined AIG and now they're paying themselves $160 million in bonuses. I also look at it this way, if we're paying them in tax payer money they don't have any say in what happens with that money. They should only offer their expertise on how to restructure AIG until all this is over.

ACTC is at .08 cents. I think I'm going to throw another $200 in it. hah

No, I don't know who denniger is.

Lemme introduce you...

Here's his commentary on the market actions after the BOE's "Quantitative Easing", along with a caution about the USA doing it.

And his reaction to the news that Bernanke actually did it, he gets a little passionate...

...but maybe with good cause, 'cause things are starting to get interesting...

China and other emerging nations back Russia's call for a discussion on how to replace the dollar as the world's primary reserve currency

The scary thing is that even when these theoretical extremes postulated, they do seem to be panning out. And this guy has a pretty good track record forseeing this stuff too.

I wanted to start some discussion on this stuff in the Politics forum, but those nitwits are slinging nonsense and stuck in AIG bonus land...so its here

Lemme introduce you...

Here's his commentary on the market actions after the BOE's "Quantitative Easing", along with a caution about the USA doing it.

And his reaction to the news that Bernanke actually did it, he gets a little passionate...

...but maybe with good cause, 'cause things are starting to get interesting...

China and other emerging nations back Russia's call for a discussion on how to replace the dollar as the world's primary reserve currency

The scary thing is that even when these theoretical extremes postulated, they do seem to be panning out. And this guy has a pretty good track record forseeing this stuff too.

I wanted to start some discussion on this stuff in the Politics forum, but those nitwits are slinging nonsense and stuck in AIG bonus land...so its here
    Thanks!

Andy,

I'm getting worried. This rally is looking very weak now. This administration is looking more like clowns. Where's the plan other than throwing money at it.

I think their looking to get rid of geithner but I don't think anybody else would take the job. This market could tank big time if they don't comeout with something quick.

I'm sure glad I jumped ship when I did.

Thanks!

Andy,

I'm getting worried. This rally is looking very weak now. This administration is looking more like clowns. Where's the plan other than throwing money at it.

I think their looking to get rid of geithner but I don't think anybody else would take the job. This market could tank big time if they don't comeout with something quick.

I'm sure glad I jumped ship when I did.
    First off, don't panic. You won't do anything right if you panic. Obama won't get rid of Geitner even if he handed in his resignation.

and come on man, there is way more to the plan than just throwing money at it.

Quote Originally Posted by XYNaPSE View Post
    , there is way more to the plan than just throwing money at it.

Sure is...throwing money that doesnt exist at it! lol

So the lastest I can figure for next week's 'buying bad assets from the banks plan'....

...Get loan, mostly from China, to make a loan to a program, which will then leverage that loan 10:1, to make a loan to buy some bad loans that nobody wants to touch. Sounds Great! RALLY!!!!

The stupid thing is...we might actually rally for that matter. I got 5000 shares of C which I got as a hedge just in case last week, might make a bundle on it...or not. Starting feeling really stupid though, bundle of SPY puts and long a bankcrupt bank, ha.

Good luck guys!

Sure is...throwing money that doesnt exist at it! lol

So the lastest I can figure for next week's 'buying bad assets from the banks plan'....

...Get loan, mostly from China, to make a loan to a program, which will then leverage that loan 10:1, to make a loan to buy some bad loans that nobody wants to touch. Sounds Great! RALLY!!!!

The stupid thing is...we might actually rally for that matter. I got 5000 shares of C which I got as a hedge just in case last week, might make a bundle on it...or not. Starting feeling really stupid though, bundle of SPY puts and long a bankcrupt bank, ha.

Good luck guys!
    But don't you see the money already existed and i'ts the Fed catching up with it?

It's all the banks fault. For years they've been doing crappy lending which creates money. The Fed has to print that money now to save their asses because they don't have it.

Fed prints $100 gives it to Sally.
    Sally deposits it in the bank while Jane takes out a $90 loan.
    There is now $190 according to the bank. $90 magically created from the Fed's $100 for a total of $190.
    Now everyone wants to cash out. Bank doesn't have $190 so they go down taking Sally, Jane and Frank's money with them.

Fed prints $90 and saves the day but now has to worry about other things.

I mentioned C earlier. I think I'm going to get some monday. not 5000 rounds though. lol
    Last edited by XYNaPSE; 03-22-2009 at 02:13 AM.