Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Stock traders corner

Also, it's nothing to make light of. A profit for Citigroup is a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I spent 5 minutes with a little tirade about a Billion in 'stimulus' that didnt appear too stimulating, went to preview it, and the cruddy java window clipped the bottom of it and was unrecoverable.

So just read the link and judge for yourself the early economic planning for this 'stimulus'...

LINK TO ECONOMIC RECOVERY IN CHICAGO

I dunno...how does this help the economy?
    Jobs jobs jobs. It helps the economy in several ways, short term & long term, mostly by giving immediate jobs to people so they can continue to pay off bills and spend money. This is the one thing that the Republicans were right about all these years; even after 9/11 and all the other fincancial problems. Get out there and spend money. I just hate the way they went about it. Remember hearing them say, go to the mall and spend after hearing warnings of terrorist attacks? Threat level today is orange but go to the mall and spend money. The more cash circulating the healthier our economy is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    This nightmare is far from over. Just wait till GM finally implodes, or Israel bombs Iran, or the next job numbers come out. People will be taking profits off the table in no time.
    You and nightmarish Bush too?

The evangelical right-wingers is escaping the ship… So bad Israel didn’t bomb Iran, dang it..

Xynapse: Sure, they made a pro forma profit. Just ignore those L2 and L3 things on the books that make C bankrupt, lol.

And Obama didnt make the market go up. The rest...well, I'm speachless.

Good luck

We were due for a rally. I think it was around 12%. Let's see if it got some legs this coming week.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Xynapse: Sure, they made a pro forma profit. Just ignore those L2 and L3 things on the books that make C bankrupt, lol.

And Obama didnt make the market go up. The rest...well, I'm speachless.

Good luck
    Hey I haven't invested yet. I was thinking about it. That's all. I wanted to see what people thought about it. A lot of our economy is built on speculation I'm thinking. So if some high power leader were to say things are getting better I would think it would have an effect. It did. Look at what happend to the market those last few days. We almost went back to 8000. So, I would say it had an effect. Not a long lasting one; but it did effect the markets.

Worse comes to worse the banks get nationalized. I don't think that's going to happen though. I think that in the next 6-12 months things will get worse and then pick up and we'll start expanding. We'll probably lose another 1 to 2 million jobs but with the stimulus we'll be picking up those millions. THERE IS MONEY TO BE MADE! SPEND SPEND SPEND!!!!!

Best week since November.
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...jtVRgD96TD8AO5

Quote Originally Posted by kkmay View Post
    We were due for a rally. I think it was around 12%. Let's see if it got some legs this coming week.

Yeah, it could go to around .spx 780, but with OE week and all, I'm thinking retrace to 720-730. Maybe then up? I'm leaning towards down here and now, after that the crystal ball gets fuzzy. Bernanke making some more wrong predictions on the tabloid news interview tonight might skew it some, but that guy has no credibility so... He might snow some fools though, lol. I think the oversold pop might be on its last legs though.

Things are looking a little too bullish as well considering OE week, might be some surprises in store...

Good luck
    Last edited by Andy; 03-15-2009 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XYNaPSE View Post
    . So if some high power leader were to say things are getting better I would think it would have an effect. It did. Look at what happend to the market those last few days. We almost went back to 8000. So, I would say it had an effect. Not a long lasting one; but it did effect the markets.
    The run up was timed closest to consumer credit release showing consumers were going more into debt last Friday (they are spending more, or they are more broke and unemployed and need a loan to survive, lol). Obama saying its a good time to go into the market (if you have a really long term horizon, heh) was a few days before that I believe. At least that was the excuse...market was due to go up as the oversold guage was spinning madly off the scale.

Quote Originally Posted by XYNaPSE View Post
    That's nothing new. In fact, people were talking bad about Obama because he wasn't being more positive about the economy. Even the Brits were saying Chin up. So he came out and said something positive about Citigroup and it actually got people to spend and invest a little. There's a long road ahead and it's probably going to take a year or so before we see growth.
    We also saw GE chief honcho Immelt come out and publicly preach to the masses that he wasn´t going to cut GE´s dividend. No doubt, plenty of people dived into GE believing what he said. A few weeks later Immelt goes and slashes the dividend by 2/3rds. It´s one thing for Obama to talk an economy up, it´s another to specify a particular company like Citi, especially since there is a real good chance it may yet be fully nationalized...which would mean the stock could well go to zero. We don´t need stock tips coming from Washington. As for the Brits, they are in the same, or worse shape, than the US is. Chin up indeed.
    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer