Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 235

Thread: Stock traders corner

  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Yep, a winner of a trade... I'll keep it around for a bit to see if it works out a little, I'm down so much on it, might as well, eh?

    I'm really debating jumping in for the spx retrace rally or not. It could even go to the moving average, I dunno, nor can I find a rational reason it would. Hence I'm sitting on my hands before going long anything. I also got a hunch this rally is a bit early, seems they want to sell calls before folding the casino down for OE, I dunno. Really want to play, but I really suspect I'm late to the party.

    On stemcell stocks...That is a done move IMO. Like TheRainman says, it is about earnings, and well, you are looking at a very long horizon to see any meaningful gains in these, if any. You guys should listen to his views even if you dont agree with his political views. Also, politics has a whole lot to do with the market right now, heed the advise and see the views or you might be in for a bad surprise playing this game.

    That said, I'm gonna wait and see what's up till I get a better idea where this is going...straight up so close to OE week makes me leery of running with that trend, but I'm a chicken, so....
    Thanks!

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Yep, a winner of a trade... I'll keep it around for a bit to see if it works out a little, I'm down so much on it, might as well, eh?

    I'm really debating jumping in for the spx retrace rally or not. It could even go to the moving average, I dunno, nor can I find a rational reason it would. Hence I'm sitting on my hands before going long anything. I also got a hunch this rally is a bit early, seems they want to sell calls before folding the casino down for OE, I dunno. Really want to play, but I really suspect I'm late to the party.

    On stemcell stocks...That is a done move IMO. Like TheRainman says, it is about earnings, and well, you are looking at a very long horizon to see any meaningful gains in these, if any. You guys should listen to his views even if you dont agree with his political views. Also, politics has a whole lot to do with the market right now, heed the advise and see the views or you might be in for a bad surprise playing this game.

    That said, I'm gonna wait and see what's up till I get a better idea where this is going...straight up so close to OE week makes me leery of running with that trend, but I'm a chicken, so....
    Oh I'll definately listen to the politics. TheRainman is full of crap though. haha I'll listen to what he says. Doesn't mean I'll agree with his politics. Nothing personal. I've been listening to this guy since the primaries.

  3. #163
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Buda, TX
    Posts
    102
    Bought SPY MAR 72 Call this morning

  4. #164
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Near Buda, TX
    Posts
    102
    too quick on the send .. anyway nice day with gains. I'll agree with VW sign, just want to swap trade ideas, keep politics in its thread. If your ideology has a trade idea, Ill listen, GLD or infrastructure trades, for example. People are making money in the market long or short, whatever your politics.

  5. #165
    Suspended Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    9,722
    I spent 5 minutes with a little tirade about a Billion in 'stimulus' that didnt appear too stimulating, went to preview it, and the cruddy java window clipped the bottom of it and was unrecoverable.

    So just read the link and judge for yourself the early economic planning for this 'stimulus'...

    LINK TO ECONOMIC RECOVERY IN CHICAGO

    I dunno...how does this help the economy?

  6. #166
    Suspended Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    9,722
    Added some SPY Apr 80 puts and AMZN Mar 65 puts (lottery ticket) in the bag I am holding today. Ahhh, that chopping block sure is nice to rest my head on

  7. #167
    What do you guys think about Citigroup? Long-term investment or a crash and burn?

  8. #168
    Suspended Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    9,722
    Quote Originally Posted by XYNaPSE View Post
    What do you guys think about Citigroup? Long-term investment or a crash and burn?
    Let's see what the G20 said this weekend in their official statement:


    "Banks’ shareholders should be required to contribute to the maximum extent possible to loss or risk coverage prior to government intervention."


    Seems more intervention is still needed based on the theme of the meeting.

  9. #169
    Check this article out about Citibank: http://www.fool.com/investing/divide...pdspmra0000001

    I think a lot of smoke was being generated this past week trying to mask this horror show. Obama and crew are changing how they talk about the economy, and of course, everybody noticed the change. A lot of talking heads all of a sudden popped up on biz channels talking about jumping, dipping my toe, or easing in to the market, and all that jazz.

    This nightmare is far from over. Just wait till GM finally implodes, or Israel bombs Iran, or the next job numbers come out. People will be taking profits off the table in no time.
    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Check this article out about Citibank: http://www.fool.com/investing/divide...pdspmra0000001

    I think a lot of smoke was being generated this past week trying to mask this horror show. Obama and crew are changing how they talk about the economy, and of course, everybody noticed the change. A lot of talking heads all of a sudden popped up on biz channels talking about jumping, dipping my toe, or easing in to the market, and all that jazz.
    That's nothing new. In fact, people were talking bad about Obama because he wasn't being more positive about the economy. Even the Brits were saying Chin up. So he came out and said something positive about Citigroup and it actually got people to spend and invest a little. There's a long road ahead and it's probably going to take a year or so before we see growth.

Similar Threads

  1. NeoTherapeutics Reverse Stock split - 25:1
    By mk99 in forum Funding, Legislation, & Advocacy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-06-2002, 02:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •