Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Stock traders corner

I missed the ride up at the beginning. That got me mad. We were down like 50 points to go as high as 70. So then I got confused on what to do. So then I shorted and it looked like a bad move but it eventually turned out to be profitable. So now I am finished for the day. The stock market can go as high or as low as it wants.

I'm feeling retarded, so I'm gonna ignore that engulfing pattern and run with the trendline.

GLD... -GLDDH @ 6.3 (April 86 calls)

I'm so skittish, Out @ 6.7. I like green better
    Last edited by Andy; 03-09-2009 at 03:20 PM. Reason: I aint no investor!

Analysis / paralysis did not make a trade today. I got a late start and stuck on charts.. another day to trade.

-SZCOT @ 3.45 and keeping a sharp eye on it. SPX 700 magic number action game here. Got it at 699.5, then it broke 700, oops. But can it hold?

.....out @ 3.1

edit #2: I really hate chart chasing, but I gotta respect that way oversold issue and its corrective ability (moonshot?). Anyway, double dose of -SWVCQ @ 3.25, seems to be working ok at this moment, but sell order is primed and ready to go on a moments notice.

edit #3....out at 3.3, looks weak to me.

And finally...I suck today! lol I dunno, I think its best to stay out for me, lost less than I made yesterday, so I'm still ahead this week, might be a good idea to keep it that way. I dont want to buy into a +4.5% move, and shorting it now is kinda dangerous IMO. I hate up and flatlines.

So anyone try to front-run "turnaround tuesday" this week and make some good money? Just add one desperate CEO to pump his bankrupt bank....
    Last edited by Andy; 03-10-2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: chicken

You have:

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    -SZCOT @ 3.45 and keeping a sharp eye on it. SPX 700 magic number action game here. Got it at 699.5, then it broke 700, oops. But can it hold?

.....out @ 3.1

edit #2: I really hate chart chasing, but I gotta respect that way oversold issue and its corrective ability (moonshot?). Anyway, double dose of -SWVCQ @ 3.25, seems to be working ok at this moment, but sell order is primed and ready to go on a moments notice.

edit #3....out at 3.3, looks weak to me.

And finally...I suck today! lol I dunno, I think its best to stay out for me, lost less than I made yesterday, so I'm still ahead this week, might be a good idea to keep it that way. I dont want to buy into a +4.5% move, and shorting it now is kinda dangerous IMO. I hate up and flatlines.

So anyone try to front-run "turnaround tuesday" this week and make some good money? Just add one desperate CEO to pump his bankrupt bank....
    And the truth shall set you free.

made a few $$$ on SPY MAR 70 call BTO @ 2.43 STC @ 3.30.. I do better when markets going up. If I was worth a damn it should not matter which way market moves as long as you move in the right direction.LOL

I have balls? More like a missing brain. First I wish I woke up a little bit more before hitting the market, damn evening shift and getting to bed at 2am (excuse #1). The I could have checked where the channels were and other 'magic number' BS to see what was happening (excuse #2). And maybe a bit of not thinking 'failed rally' could have helped me hold long, longer (excuse #3). Otherwise, yeah, hindsight is 20/20.

We'll see if .spx magic number 720 holds and goes up, or this just bounces down the pipe or not tommorrow. Good luck guys...maybe I might have some too, lol

I got raped by the stock market yesterday. However I redeemed myself today by recovering all my losses.

Tried some SPY calls this morning, got out of those, but still a goofed up trade. Didnt tally up the totals yet, but Monday's bonus is gone, along with a bit of last week's money pile, kinda pissed but quite ahead thanks to last week. Let's see if I can hold on to those gains (or not)...

Dumb-ass trade for the next few days (gonna attempt to not be so skittish as I feel like I'm losing my cool lately)....

Short GE...50 contracts -GEWOF @ $1.52, looking to see GE in the 7's <hoping, praying, crossing fingers, toes, shouting 'pleeeezzzzzee', etc etc >

Edit: maybe I'll play another day, low volume ramp jobs scare me away from the markit....out @ 1.55, a hair over flat
    Last edited by Andy; 03-11-2009 at 03:19 PM. Reason: I really suck

Hey Andy. I ended up losing in the Stem Cell stocks. lol Well, I haven't lost yet because I didn't sell. I did not expect people to cash out right after Obama signed the Executive Order. I figured it would go up throughout the day because of all the publicity. Almost as soon as he signed it the stocks started dropping. Right before he signed it they were up anywhere from 20% to 40%. ACTC I had bought for .135 had hit .21. After class i got home to see my $200 investment had almost doubled.

I had made a bunch of orders to buy various stem cell stocks on Friday but they didn't go through. So I canceled them all and bought $1500 worth on Monday thinking they'd rise all day. Shortly after they all tanked and I'm at a loss around $400. lol So I'll just hang in there and keep buying at the lows to offset my losses. Then once they go back up I'm getting out.