Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Stock traders corner

Plenty of places for you to fume.

End it, move it or it will get moved.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    ND

What is your problem? My post has everything to do with trading stocks.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Andy, help me with an exit strategy for GLD.

There's no point getting in without knowing when to get out.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Nice video, 'bout time CNBS is getting the attention it deserves, lol.

GLD...well, I'm gonna assume that you did buy yesterday, did you? It broke its down channel today, and the fear guage is redlined right now IMO. It's parked right at support/resistance tonight IMO. 2 things...fear needs to keep up and it goes up, or it doesnt and it goes down (yeah, real crystal ball-like, eh?). Then again it could just do a Fib retrace or something and go to 93 or 96 (didnt calculate it) before dieing out again. Or the world financial system could collapse and it goes to the moon, lol. But I can guarantee you this...it will fluctuate. I'm kinda running with it still going up considering the mass-media 'sell gold' thing, if that is a bit soon-happening. I'm a real hit and run type guy, so I have a hard time with beyond a couple days type action. If you are up, take the money and run I say. Or ride it till you think it isnt riding any more.

On a side regarding market humor...I found the 'featured topic' on the FAS Yahoo Finance message board hilarious. Yep, they are, lol.

Good trading for me today, with a caviet. Got a armful of SPY 76 puts first thing, bailed on them for lunch. Then I had Citigroup buy my lunch with a in $1.00/out $1.02 trade on that steaming dung pile. I might lose a few fingers on my final trade...two groups of -JZWCH at 2.19 and 2.64 which I am holding overnight (IWM 34 calls). We'll see how long I hang onto those when tommorrow comes.

Good luck, and I think as a country we might need a lot of it right now.

Almost lost some fingers there trying knifecatching, lol. Anyway, today I picked up some Q's calls in the mayhem and thankfully that eod/Friday short covering saved my ass. Bailed on the whole mess a couple minutes to the close and ended up overall....

<drumroll> $5.95 profit!!

Almost thought I would be becoming an 'investor' there for a bit, lol. Anyway, quite the move down, I guess oversold markets get really really oversold, eh?

Either next week there will be a bounce, or we are all going to Hell. BTW, anyone notice the S&P low of 666? Hmmm.

I shorted the rally at the beginning right when it was about to hit 700 on the S&P. I held the position for only nine minutes. What a shame if I waited longer...

man this market is choppy. Any thoughts on SPY? who long, who short? any good setups for monday. i would have thought gld would be back to 95 by now. i need to breakout the dart board again

I'm all cash. I'm not frontrunning the bounce...if it ever comes. I'm not short either, that could be deadly around now. Had a really great week, and I'm keeping my money, lol. You know, I'm kinda thinking the thing would just stop and go flat to screw with everyone, hmmm. But pull up a chart going to the early 90's and maybe there is a resting spot there? I'll say this...the market is going down with a vengance, pretty scary.

IV premiums are getting up there, so its getting pricey again to do options, and if the market goes flat... It was really interesting my Q calls today...the common went down .25 from where I got them, and I was still flat on them, seems everyone was waiting for that rally, lol.

GLD, it is catching my interest, only thing is we need massive carnage to continue a rally in that. I found this somewhat interesting though, interesting.

I'm working evenings Monday and Tuesday, so I will at least have a proper trading platform so I have a better idea what is going on next week, real tough using web access snapshots to the market while at work, especially in a market like this.

Good luck

This might be a no-brainer...so results may be not as expected but...

GERN has roughly 20% short interest, and I'm thinking with the way it got slammed in the last few days, there might be more shorts about to get trapped with the stemcell news reaction seen aftermarket Friday. While GERN is basically worthless fundamentally, it might be good for a momentum trade if one would buy on any pause or dip in the first few minutes of trade on Monday. Also, it might be good to see if the overall market is getting slammed again or not before proceeding with this gamble. Just remember to bail once you made some scratch on this, preferably on Monday also, I think this idea might be a one-day wonder.

I often do not trade in first hour of bell. It seems to not tell me much of how the market is going to move, similar to last 30 min of trading when computers kick in. Any other intraday tricks?... I will keep a watch on GERN

I'm ready to get decapitated...

-GQDCA @ .45 ..........out @ .5
    -QAVCZ @ 1.16 .........out @ 1.31

Prayers and pity gladly accepted

Edit: My brain leaked out of my ear...

-XOMCM @ 2.22 ..........out @ 2.68

Edit #2: Did it stall? I'm gutless enough to think it did, so I'm out and watching only now. Good luck!
    Last edited by Andy; 03-09-2009 at 10:27 AM. Reason: results