Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Stock traders corner

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Speaking of Black Mondays...your thoughts on the possibility this coming Monday? I'm thinking it is the perfect setup. Only thing I'm wondering about if the 401K types that actually are still in the market realize where the market is and actually get thoughts of bailing out. But then again, .cpc was leaning heavy to the long side Thursday so maybe everyone was bullish enough to get trapped and this might be the push. Your thoughts?
    Andy,

I'm scared to be on either side right now. Were way over due for a over sold bump. But I think were going lower over time. This adminitration only cares about wiping out our 401'ks.

It's fun.

One bright spot that is still under the radar, home surplus is shrinking fast.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
    One bright spot that is still under the radar, home surplus is shrinking fast.

Where did you read that at. Obama's web page?

The effects of govt mandated forclosure delays?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    Were way over due for a over sold bump. .
    That's the beauty of it...everyone thinks that. That oversold attemped to correct last week, and didnt work out too well. Now with everyone looking over the edge of the cliff...scarey. Or the PPT could just throw a 6 million share market order on SPY again like Friday to trigger something, but that didnt seem to work out so well for a key reversal day. Maybe on Monday? I dont think so right now. <puts tin-foil hat back on>

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    Where did you read that at. Obama's web page?
    Get bent. Surpluses are being bought up. Through rentals and purchases, the bottom for homes is forming.
    Last edited by NoDecafPlz; 03-01-2009 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
    Get bent. Surpluses are being bought up. Through rentals and purchases, the bottom for homes is forming.
    Seriously? Where are you finding this, NAR?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Seriously? Where are you finding this, NAR?
    Slightly anecdotal but it is being echoed on CNBC nationwide that a bottom should come by June. I have been using OHIO's MLS almost every day. Sales of both condos and already-built homes are under contract at an increasing pace, even through January and February. Granted, there are older homes in other counties that aren't moving as quick but they are moving.

Forgot to add, Ohio was one of the worst states for job losses, company shut downs and most importantly, foreclosures.

IMO you should stop watching CNBC. Biased, wrong reporting at its worst. I think they have been calling a bottom for the past year?

Lemme tell you what I'm thinking...until home prices return to the mean there will be no bottom.

And I'm thinking like many bubbles, there will be overshoot to the downside as well. Factor in a return to prudent lending standards as well as employment, we still have quite a ways to go. June seems a pie in the sky call for recovery, I'm wondering if in June they will be calling December a bottom again.