Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Stock traders corner

Stock traders corner

Ok, I'm sure I'm annoying with all my requests for having threads stickied.

I pledge to not request any more for 09.

Lets use this thread to compare/request/share ideas on investing in the market.

Here are stocks/indicies I'm concerned/confused about.

When is HOG a buy?

Should I buy extra QCOR with many pharma reporting next week?

Is SDY a double banger for both growth on the S&P and its dividends?

Is AUY a good play at all? Stick with Barick or purer plays with say GLD?

Should I get more JP Morgan at this level or too soon.

Who else benefits besides GERN by the approval? CYTX?

Thanks!
    And the truth shall set you free.

Holy shit! I forgot Disney!!!
    And the truth shall set you free.

I am not sure how many of us are sci traders on this forum, but I enjoy following the markets and trading online both (papertrade/real accts). It would be great to swap ideas and learn from each other. I really do more and enjoy option trading, directional plays and income generating stradegies. It allows me to define risk and better leverage on my trades. It's funny of the plays mentioned, I was looking at AUY, but GLD had some heavy CALL option volume action on Friday at the FEB 95 strike. Tells me we could see that going up. QCOR I am hoping get's a pop, I bto a vertical Feb 5/10 spread last week, so will see.

I was wondering if anyone has been to the trading seminars, investools, IBD, etc? Is it worth the money?

Jim
    C5-Quad / Post 28yrs

Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
    Ok, I'm sure I'm annoying with all my requests for having threads stickied.

I pledge to not request any more for 09.

Lets use this thread to compare/request/share ideas on investing in the market.

Here are stocks/indicies I'm concerned/confused about.

When is HOG a buy?

Should I buy extra QCOR with many pharma reporting next week?

Is SDY a double banger for both growth on the S&P and its dividends?

Is AUY a good play at all? Stick with Barick or purer plays with say GLD?

Should I get more JP Morgan at this level or too soon.

Who else benefits besides GERN by the approval? CYTX?

Thanks!
    Hog is in the house of pain and will remain there. GLD looks good. I think the market is telling us this stimulas so far looks like a failure. I'm hoping obama will stay true to his word and listen to the economist and not pelosi's clan. Because so far it doesn't look like a stimulas. but a large hand outs.

GLD? I dunno, I think gold is dead meat and will trade sideways, maybe not this time...who knows. I have a hunch brewing that gold is sold to keep something afloat that also has a bunch of worthless paper, and rallies will be sold into as they balance their solvency issues. But then again, maybe it really will crack 1000/oz

garyv mentioned DRYS in the other thread...hmmm, BDI looks like it's doing a bounce

And a moving avererage is just above the common price (if it matters with this thing, lol)

Do you feel lucky? (only gamblers need apply to this one)

If S&P breaks 840 to the upside with some conviction I might go long with some S&P calls. GLD above 92-ish might be an idea, but wait for that to happen (and continue) before diving in. And XLF might be due for a bounce (I didnt feel like waiting for it last week though). Just wait until there is a direction before doing anything, market looks churny sideways to me still.

Might want to keep CNB on your list for a bounce got in today at .83 .. dropped on bad news yesteerday on 4Q report, BUT they are getting in line for tarp money and was down from 1.20 monday with a high volume at EOD today with B.86 A .89 after hours trading .. Keep on your radar..
    Also PANC and SIRI have seemed to pick up a little intrest and volume the last few days..
    DO your own DD guys , I have not had very good luck lately.....Hoping to get out of a bad streak .....
    FAS has been good for a few bucks a day bounce so look at that one as well....
    Lond term look at UTX under 46 and GE under 11 to get in......
    Just my thoughts , I am not a pumper.....
    Gary

Like I had said in the a post in a different thread I hadnt been around in a while ,
    Is this going to be the main post for stock info on CC ?
    Also just saw that DRYS is having problems paying a loan ,, DOWN 4 BUCKS after hours tonight..It might run back into the 7 $ range like it usually does
    then time to pick it back up when the dust settles..This one has been a trader over the last 6 months , check the charts 7 to 15 fairly regular but you never know when it will run..
    Gary
    Last edited by garyv; 01-28-2009 at 09:44 PM.

Yeah, it would be cool to use this thread for posting bets for sure! Gotta get some more degenerate gamblers here, lol!

I see that DRYS, 9.40 premarket now. I kinda avoid stuff like that, not my style.

Bailed on my SPY calls yesterday that I got monday morning, and did a bit of scalping on T calls and Q's puts as well. Probably should have kept the Q's puts looking at things this AM, but bailed at the first wiff of reversal EOD, oh well. Nice being all in cash again, maybe I'll take a break for a while. I was hoping for a continuation rally so I could get some more short positions going, but oh well, we'll see what happens today.

Gotta do some research on WFC, that thing was screaming off the charts yesterday, maybe good to hit short again? Gotta see if the gubment will pull an Enron with this mark to model BS I'm hearing about or not.

Or I'll just play SPY options, seems those agree with me lately, dunno.

CNB might run back up today yesterday aftermarket had 1.18 trades and pre market this morning up to .93.....
    DRYS I would wait a few days to let the dust settle.. Its a good company for flipping,, Takes a few weeks to flip but I have done OK with that one over the last few months..
    Andy , have you been to allstocks (dot) com forum ? there is a lot of info there and a lot of good picks there , just need to watch out for pump and dumpers it wont take long to find out who they are..They have forums for all types of trading from pennies to day traders there..
    Good luck today is going to open in the red it looks like ..I should have bought FAZ at EOD yesterday..Up 3 bucks pre market.....
    Last edited by garyv; 01-29-2009 at 10:23 AM.