Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Socks r now more important than shoes

Socks r now more important than shoes

I have always loved shoes and clothes. only now do i see how silly that may seem to some. Now if i cannot slide them on they mostly remain in the closet. a good pair of warm socks however is the new shoe buying high for me. when i rarely do venture out to shop now, my main 2 goals are comfy sweats and warm socks. i will be buried in sweats and socks. rocawear, columbia, timerland, and kenneth cole have forever been replaced simply by hanes, champion, and russell. just my take...anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by xtravla View Post
    I have always loved shoes and clothes. only now do i see how silly that may seem to some. Now if i cannot slide them on they mostly remain in the closet. a good pair of warm socks however is the new shoe buying high for me. when i rarely do venture out to shop now, my main 2 goals are comfy sweats and warm socks. i will be buried in sweats and socks. rocawear, columbia, timerland, and kenneth cole have forever been replaced simply by hanes, champion, and russell. just my take...anyone else?
    Don't let yourself get in a funk where you get into wearing loungewear. I do understand the need for comfy clothes but not for everyday. So whats the deal, why can't you wear the clothes you love?

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    Don't let yourself get in a funk where you get into wearing loungewear. I do understand the need for comfy clothes but not for everyday. So whats the deal, why can't you wear the clothes you love?
    I agree with you.I'm still a trend setter.lol Wear what ya love!
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

I love shoes. For the first time since I was 15 years old can I buy whatever pair I like and they "don't need to be very nice to walk with". So now I can wear even high heels. I have just bought myself two new fancy jackets, one in wool and one with feathers and I am using the same jeans like I always done or a skirt with stay ups in wool.

It is importent to look nice when you are in a chair.

LOL, I am not looking nice inside in the house when I am alone in my sweat suits or hot pyjamas
    TH 12, 43 years post

I dress with jeans and sweats mostly. For my footwear i do sneakers and timberlands with socks.
    Without footwear my feet curls in.
    coolbreeze c6/7

Keep on moving don't stop!

I started getting blisters and pressure spots from my shoes. A couple of years ago I started wearing "slipper socks" and greatly reduced my foot problems.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/sto...tn&cat4=503380

They have very cushiony insoles and come in 3 colors.

Dangerous move to your waistline. First 2 years I wore mainly sweats everyday. When I finally found some jeans without back pockets and some side elastic I also found out I had gained three sizes from pre-SCI. Took me a year to get back to a 12. After a bad year I bought one pair of 14s. Working hard on getting back into my well worn 12s. Actually need to buy more since I've worn holes in them.

So find jeans you like and wash the daylights out of them. I do agree that I need comfy socks and at home I normally wear a toasty sweatshirt with my jeans.

Oh yea, have you checked out pullovers by Facconable or half-zips by Tommy Bahama? They make tons of colors for men and they have more pizzazz to them than baggy sweatshirts while still being warm.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtravla View Post
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
    Dangerous move to your waistline. First 2 years I wore mainly sweats everyday. When I finally found some jeans without back pockets and some side elastic I also found out I had gained three sizes from pre-SCI. Took me a year to get back to a 12. After a bad year I bought one pair of 14s. Working hard on getting back into my well worn 12s. Actually need to buy more since I've worn holes in them.

So find jeans you like and wash the daylights out of them. I do agree that I need comfy socks and at home I normally wear a toasty sweatshirt with my jeans.

Oh yea, have you checked out pullovers by Facconable or half-zips by Tommy Bahama? They make tons of colors for men and they have more pizzazz to them than baggy sweatshirts while still being warm.
    sue how did you do that? i have gained 8 lds but gone from a 5 to a 12 i have this huge gut and butt where i never i do fes bike and stand .HELP i look like a pear

i use to wear my jeans with inseam 36 i wear those elastic waist bans now but try to find talls as i hate showing socks. where are those sites located

My buddy, para 14 yrs swears by his sweats. I was a basket ball player before, for me the cats meow and, I think a step classier, is the nylon addias and some other brand pants. Man does that matieral slide. Whether putting on or transferring.( I think i'm hopeing it will keep me thinking " younger ".