Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: My Pain Doctor in WA state Raided, I am without my meds! Help!?!

What I think is really needed is a forum where people can post without being accused of being drug addicts. I noticed early in the postings that anyone who talks about their difficulties in trying to obtain medication for a pain condition is quickly labeled a drug user, addict, trying to obtain drugs, etc. It's ironic that the same problem that affects pain patients in everyday life is so presciently alive right here in what is supposed to be a place of refuge. It is hidden behind words in long pretty soliloquies, and just behind big smiles. Not that I am religious, but you are like the scribes and money changes that were written about in the Bible.

Bullshit. Nobody accused anyone of anything of the sort in any early posts in this thread. The only discord that was sown began today, when you started posting. I suggest you read back from the beginning and relax a little bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by megghegg View Post
    What I think is really needed is a forum where people can post without being accused of being drug addicts. I noticed early in the postings that anyone who talks about their difficulties in trying to obtain medication for a pain condition is quickly labeled a drug user, addict, trying to obtain drugs, etc. It's ironic that the same problem that affects pain patients in everyday life is so presciently alive right here in what is supposed to be a place of refuge. It is hidden behind words in long pretty soliloquies, and just behind big smiles. Not that I am religious, but you are like the scribes and money changes that were written about in the Bible.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

rdf,
    Opps, lol, that must have been a different thread. BUT... as for this thread, if you didn't notice the insinuations, it's because you don't understand what you read. It's right there between the words that state the physician's that take the upfront fee are peddling dope. What does that make those in Washington who go to them? And if you still don't get it, look at little harder because it is spelled more clearly in black and white. 1/21/09 4:05AM, 5/2/09 12:39PM. And if you STILL don't get it, look at the posting by madmaddmother, with maddmother slinging the term "drug seeker," and aarndog agreeing. "Drug seeker...??? How low can a person post? They unfortunately underscore the point.

megghegg,
    Why are you so angry? We have no information about what type of SCI you have and you have made 7 posts and have come out from your corner fighting mad, slinging fists at people figuratively. I think you are continuing to insult people, many people. For example, why would you say to mr. rdf that he doesn't understand what he reads? How do you know what he has read and what he understands?
    Are you currently withdrawing from narcotics and having difficulty? That may be an explanation for your belligerence and combativeness. If that is the case, my heart goes out to you as does many others here, including mr. rdf. We've 'been there, done that' and know how difficult that must be....
    arndog

megghegg...no personal attacks...hope you get your fix soon....

lol, you people are funny... and stupid. I'll take emails from anyone who wishes to discuss denial of pain meds in Washington. The rest of you can live with your pain. Incidentally, I'm not in any pain at all (and never have been). lol...

lol, you people are funny... and stupid. I'll take emails from anyone who wishes to discuss denial of pain meds in Washington. The rest of you can live with your pain. Incidentally, I'm not in any pain at all (and never have been). lol...
    Then you are not only stupid , but rude and mean. You are also extremely fortunate.
    What is your purpose for posting here?
    Veni.Vidi,Velcro...I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Vidi, Vici, et Veni, et Veni, et Veni...

Wow guys.

Meg, I sorry, but I do agree that was a little "over the top" angry at MED100. I wonder why you are so angry - you say you are not in chronic pain, do you know a chronic pain patient?

But I also see no reason at all to label Meg a drug seeker. She said nothing at all about wanting drugs. That seems like a personal attack as well. I don't think Arndog was agreeing that Meg was necessarily a drug seeker, but he can correct me if I am wrong.

It's a forum. People will have different opinions. But hopefully we can express them kindly.

As if it wasn't obvious already, this post made it plain that you're just trying to be a troll. You claim that others here are ignorant, but from your first post you've shown more that you seem to realize. Multi-disciplinary clinics are legit. Psychiatrists? Just imagine, someone in chronic, severe, intractable pain being depressed....duh. Biofeedback? Of course it has a place when you're talking about neuropathic pain that usually doesn't respond to opiates or much of anything else. Generally the best you can hope for is that it will tame down your other pain so the nerve pathways don't get any more active than necessary, but it's notorious for not affecting the neuro pain itself from a CNS injury. Tricyclic anti-depressants are part of a muti-faceted med approach that can help tame down nerve signals and sometimes helps take the edge off neuro pain in addition to helping with the depression that is normal and natural with this kind of pain.

I also don't have chronic pain, but I've been around here long enough to have at least a clue. I'm with MarkPals....what's your purpose in coming here?

For what it's worth, if anything, I don't think Meg is a troll. I think this really got off on a wrong foot, and I think it's really a shame. Those reading the thread now can't see the whole thing now, due to all the edits.

Meg has never said she wanted drugs, needed a fix, nor anything like that.

Personally, I really hope everyone will let it go, and stop trying to prove just how "bad" Meg is.

Perhaps she'll come back and tell us what she wanted on the forum - my guess is she may have a family member in pain. But after all this, I doubt she will.