Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: My Pain Doctor in WA state Raided, I am without my meds! Help!?!

No need to pm...we're all friends here...whatcha need?

ok, so i've edited this and most was lost because around 1 a.m. pst, cc backs up or something. i copied it, but all i got back is this. grrr. so am rewriting.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/new...rces/pain.html

wise knows dr. cardenas at UW. maybe he'll chime in. UW is one of biggest rehab places around (although i don't much care for them).

swedish is also well known:

http://www.swedish.org/12652.cfm

Evergreen Hospital in Kirkland has a good pain clinic; i have bc/bs and an out of pocket 100 bucks should be a red flag. i have read of no raids in seattle (ca has had pot raids: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090205/...rnia_marijuana )
    there should be no prob with pain management here; pot is also legal.

i know virginia mason is good:

https://www.virginiamason.org/home/body.cfm?id=871

i have bc/bs. never have had a prob here in WA.
    Last edited by cass; 02-05-2009 at 05:33 AM.

thanks

thanks for the reply i appreciate it i will give those a try and blog back and let you know

I am also in wa. most of the places I call tell me before I even make an appointment that the are not treating pain with narcs. I have 3 compressed vers and a broken L3. I just got insurance because I could not stand the pain anymore. Where should I start family practice or ortho do I need a referral ?
    Last edited by pezotac; 02-06-2009 at 11:06 AM.

good luck play. with bc/bs, you should have no prob. and please let me know. i can contact the pain doc at evergreen personally.

pezo, who is your insurance carrier? that determines where you start.

Quote Originally Posted by pezotac View Post
    I am also in wa. most of the places I call tell me before I even make an appointment that the are not treating pain with narcs. I have 3 compressed vers and a broken L3. I just get insurance because I could not stand the pain anymore. Where should I start family practice or ortho do I need a referral ?
    Consider trying a physiatrist (rehab doctor) who has experience with SCI.

My insurance is regence blueshield. I really don't have the money to keep it for a long period of time. I know that it is probably not realistic to think that I will be able to sort this out in a couple of months but that is my goal. Weather I get on some kind of medications or have a surgery. I really feel that when my I broke my back that they should have done more. I was in the hospital for a week then I wore a shell brace for 6 months. I really appreciate all of your help. I will pass it on to others in need once I am able.

Quote Originally Posted by frankfooter32 View Post
    I am assuming these two doctors have a lot in common for practices of medicine.
    I think you are right here, and if you start going to this new guy, in a few months you will be in the same situation! If you have to settle for him right now to get things straightened out, I would start looking for a more legitimate sounding pain clinic asap. My doctor sees me once a year for a full checkup, and fills my pain scripts monthly with out an additional office visit or charge.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

My gawd, I'm so happy I have a Rheum. who I'vegone to for years and knows i'm a non addicitive personality, so he give me whatever I need in the way of pain pills and Xanax.He understands my pain prob's and doesn't expect me to have to go thru pain just for the sake of it.Good luck,I hope you can find releif.

pezotac

If you actually have three compressed vertebrae, maybe you should ask an interventional radiologist if he can inject some plastic into the vertebrae. They are known to do that on occasion although of course I have no idea what your stituation is. Maybe you meant compressed discs. Good luck.