Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: My Pain Doctor in WA state Raided, I am without my meds! Help!?!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My Pain Doctor in WA state Raided, I am without my meds! Help!?!

I live in WA state and my PM doctor was raided last week by the DEA. His office is now closed and I have been seeing him for 3 years now for treatment of my pain in my back, neck and legs due to an accident. I also suffer from chronic pain all over my body. I had an appointment today to fill my 15mg Oxycodones (#120/mo) and his office was closed until further notice. I am in so much pain and have medical insurance thru my work, but have no idea where I can find a doctor in WA state to help me. As I am sure many of you can understand, if I dont get my medication soon, I will be a mess. Can someone please Private Message me a doctor that specializes in pain medicine in WA state (not BS topical treatments) in my area that I can visit soon to help me get my medications? It is so sad that we live in a day and age where we have to go to these extremes to get the help we need with pain, but I am desperate here and could really use some help from you guys to get me set up again with pain medicine. I have tried searching for pain clinics, but am afraid I will go there and be turned away with crap that doesnt work for my intense pains. Will someone please help me? I really appreciate any and all info you guys can give me to narrow my search.
    Thanks to all!

Contact the DEA or someone involved in closing his office and tell them you need these meds & ask where should you go to get them. There had to have been some arrangements made to handle legit patients.

"We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
    - Barack Obama

Oops! Forget my last post. Looks like your state doesn't care how much pain you are in...
    Have you contacted these people? Pain Relief Network

"We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
    - Barack Obama

I just added that PRN to my links. Thanks.

I have to say that I had to call over 15 clinics today and none of them provide pain medications (and those are all the ones covered by my health insurance, Blue Cross Blue Shield). I found a doctor in Tacoma that takes a $100 cash deposit and is a pain management doctor. I am bringing my empty pill bottles for him to see what my former pain doctor was giving me. I get the impression this new Dr. will get me back to where I was, because his nurse knew the former Dr. and said that this new doctor has taken on some of his former patients as well. So I am hoping this guy gives me what I normally take and doesnt expect an arm and a leg in return each month for a refill. Is that how it normally works at pain management offices? At the raided Dr.'s office, everyone paid $100 cash every month to have their meds filled. Is the pain management clinic the same concept? Is that why I paid $100 for a "deposit"? I read about this new Dr. and it turns out he also prescribes medical marijuana (although I get that from somewhere else) and he wanted cash only. I am assuming these two doctors have a lot in common for practices of medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by frankfooter32 View Post
    I am assuming these two doctors have a lot in common for practices of medicine.
    I think you are right here, and if you start going to this new guy, in a few months you will be in the same situation! If you have to settle for him right now to get things straightened out, I would start looking for a more legitimate sounding pain clinic asap. My doctor sees me once a year for a full checkup, and fills my pain scripts monthly with out an additional office visit or charge.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

My gawd, I'm so happy I have a Rheum. who I'vegone to for years and knows i'm a non addicitive personality, so he give me whatever I need in the way of pain pills and Xanax.He understands my pain prob's and doesn't expect me to have to go thru pain just for the sake of it.Good luck,I hope you can find releif.

Can you help me?

I have to say that I had to call over 15 clinics today and none of them provide pain medications (and those are all the ones covered by my health insurance, Blue Cross Blue Shield). I found a doctor in Tacoma that takes a $100 cash deposit and is a pain management doctor. I am bringing my empty pill bottles for him to see what my former pain doctor was giving me. I get the impression this new Dr. will get me back to where I was, because his nurse knew the former Dr. and said that this new doctor has taken on some of his former patients as well. So I am hoping this guy gives me what I normally take and doesnt expect an arm and a leg in return each month for a refill. Is that how it normally works at pain management offices? At the raided Dr.'s office, everyone paid $100 cash every month to have their meds filled. Is the pain management clinic the same concept? Is that why I paid $100 for a "deposit"? I read about this new Dr. and it turns out he also prescribes medical marijuana (although I get that from somewhere else) and he wanted cash only. I am assuming these two doctors have a lot in common for practices of medicine.
    I too am a former patient of the raided clinic and I have been having trouble finding someone also. I was hoping that you could share the information on the dr that you are seeing now. I need my meds also. I have been struggling with this for a week. My appointment was for today, but as we knwo it is difficult to get there. Please help if you can.

frankfooter ain't comin back I've been trying to talk to him so I could get a decent pain management doctor too guess I"m just gunna hafta get a referral

Smile Pain doctor in Oly/Tacoma Area

Can I have the name of the new doctor? I know this post is 2 years old, I hoping you will still have the infomation. Thanks

I realize this is an old thread and it was revisited and since its not closed I will answer your question even it has been almost a month old.

The Dr. in Tacoma that requires a "deposit" before you can even schedule an appointment is Dr. Scott Havsy @ www.managedpain.com I know of him from one person (who said they heard he was an jerk). I have called his office to be told that even though I am on Medicare I still need to pay a deposit upfront that is nonrefundable. Apparently this is to prevent people from making appointments and not showing is what the staff has said. For myself after googling this Dr. and reading the reviews I was (still am) not sure about his practice or methods. Wish I really knew someone who used him and could tell me if he is worth the time and money to go see. Oh also i was told by the staff, the "deposit" is applied to your co-pay and any balance will be carried forward. But still no refunds. I took that to mean that if I don't like his treatment plan I am not just out my co-pay I am out the "deposit" I paid.