Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: My Pain Doctor in WA state Raided, I am without my meds! Help!?!

Smile Pain doctor in Oly/Tacoma Area

Quote Originally Posted by frankfooter32 View Post
    I just added that PRN to my links. Thanks.

I have to say that I had to call over 15 clinics today and none of them provide pain medications (and those are all the ones covered by my health insurance, Blue Cross Blue Shield). I found a doctor in Tacoma that takes a $100 cash deposit and is a pain management doctor. I am bringing my empty pill bottles for him to see what my former pain doctor was giving me. I get the impression this new Dr. will get me back to where I was, because his nurse knew the former Dr. and said that this new doctor has taken on some of his former patients as well. So I am hoping this guy gives me what I normally take and doesnt expect an arm and a leg in return each month for a refill. Is that how it normally works at pain management offices? At the raided Dr.'s office, everyone paid $100 cash every month to have their meds filled. Is the pain management clinic the same concept? Is that why I paid $100 for a "deposit"? I read about this new Dr. and it turns out he also prescribes medical marijuana (although I get that from somewhere else) and he wanted cash only. I am assuming these two doctors have a lot in common for practices of medicine.
    Can I have the name of the new doctor? I know this post is 2 years old, I hoping you will still have the infomation. Thanks

I realize this is an old thread and it was revisited and since its not closed I will answer your question even it has been almost a month old.

The Dr. in Tacoma that requires a "deposit" before you can even schedule an appointment is Dr. Scott Havsy @ www.managedpain.com I know of him from one person (who said they heard he was an jerk). I have called his office to be told that even though I am on Medicare I still need to pay a deposit upfront that is nonrefundable. Apparently this is to prevent people from making appointments and not showing is what the staff has said. For myself after googling this Dr. and reading the reviews I was (still am) not sure about his practice or methods. Wish I really knew someone who used him and could tell me if he is worth the time and money to go see. Oh also i was told by the staff, the "deposit" is applied to your co-pay and any balance will be carried forward. But still no refunds. I took that to mean that if I don't like his treatment plan I am not just out my co-pay I am out the "deposit" I paid.

Can anyone help me find pain doc???

hi iam in so much pain everyday i had brain sugry bi pass surgry ankle surgry have so many pain isues but cant find a doctor to help manage my pain nor can i find a pain clinic in wa state to help me manage my pain does anyone out there know any good pain legiate pain docs or pain clinics that see you when you have medicaid????????? pls help email me at elizabethmaef30@yahoo.com or pls call me 253 267 5899 im in sooooooooooooo much pain cant live or function in anyway shape or form tired of suffering pls helppppppp thanks

Were you ever able to get help with this? We are new to Washington and have bought a home in Aberdeen so its to late to change our minds and go some where else. My husband and I both have chronic back pain and am on pain medications for that. But are not able to find a doctor in or around Aberdeen that is able or willing to prescribe those medications. Since we have been taking them for ten years more or less. Stopping is not an option. Anyone that can help us by referring a doctor to us would be greatly appreciated. A private reply would be good.

I am in somewhat of the same boat and I am having a very difficult time finding a pain med mismanagement DR. I have been taking morphine 15MG ER and Morphine IR 15MG for over a year now and I have no where to go to get my sripts filled. I am going through severe withdrawals at this point and all my reg DR will give me is 5MG percocet which are not helping at all. any help to find a DR would be very helpful. I can't sleep through the night due to the pain I am in and I can't function well being in so much pain. Thank you in advance for any hlp.

I know this is an old thread

Quote Originally Posted by bigriverlakes View Post
    Were you ever able to get help with this? We are new to Washington and have bought a home in Aberdeen so its to late to change our minds and go some where else. My husband and I both have chronic back pain and am on pain medications for that. But are not able to find a doctor in or around Aberdeen that is able or willing to prescribe those medications. Since we have been taking them for ten years more or less. Stopping is not an option. Anyone that can help us by referring a doctor to us would be greatly appreciated. A private reply would be good.
    But I'm in the same position. Wondered if you ever found a Dr. I recently moved to WA and can't find any Dr's who will even take new chronic pain patients.