Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 74

Thread: Grateful for being differently abled

  1. #41
    I like this site a lot but i find myself reading more people bitching about their SCI than just helping people. I just don't want to read it anymore.

    I love that out of all the posts that I have written the one where I argue with someone it gets more comments.

    Goodbye to all- I am deleting my account.
    T-7 Complete
    "If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

  2. #42
    Senior Member rdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Someplace between Nowhere and Goodbye
    Posts
    12,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Seenkid101 View Post
    I like this site a lot but i find myself reading more people bitching about their SCI than just helping people. I just don't want to read it anymore.

    I love that out of all the posts that I have written the one where I argue with someone it gets more comments.

    Goodbye to all- I am deleting my account.
    Gee whiz - nobody wanted you to leave the website. That's why Wise created it, so we can express our views on everything related to curing us, to how we care for ourselves or others, to occasionally bitch and moan. Don't believe for a second that the posts you read on here are a true reflection if peoples' every waking moment.Much of it is just letting off steam.

    Don't go SeenKid, your input is just as valid as any one elses. This website is a godsend to many. And you and peasnluv give me very memorable erotic dreams - see? You're helping others just by being a member

    SCI sucks, but we all get along, some more happier than others, but that doesn't take away the suckage factor. Most aren't bitter like you presume - they just need to vent somewhere. Hard to do such a think amongst loved ones and/or family.

    Stay with us, we pretty much all need each other.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

    Thanks!

  3. #43
    Okay Jody, first of all, why are you so upset with me? I was replying to Bob Clark. Sorry I didn't make that clear. Second, just because I am an "ab" I don't understand? How fair is that when I've been there for her 24/7 through the entire ordeal? I stayed with her every single night in the hospital and rehab. I did her bowel programs, cathed her, showered her, fed her, gave blood thinning shots, etc. when she couldn't. Now that she can I am not needing to be there for her physically but I am continuing to be there for her emotionally and I'm getting shunned for that here? Absolutely ridiculous.
    True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end.

    - Shannon



    To get a closer look into my life:
    www.lovecommashannon.blogspot.com


  4. #44
    thank you rdf, greatly appreciated.
    True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end.

    - Shannon



    To get a closer look into my life:
    www.lovecommashannon.blogspot.com


  5. #45
    I'm amazed at this thread (well, many threads), honestly. Why does there have to be so much anger just because people feel, think, or believe differently? If someone is grateful for being disabled, how does that effect those who aren't grateful? It doesn't. People will live in whatever state (gratitude, anger, denial, etc.) they chose to live in. Support others in whatever state they decide to live in. It's not necessary to to pull them to yours in order to do that.

    This reply wasn't aimed at anyone. It's just a general comment about the anger that seems to permeate threads here.

  6. #46
    Senior Member rdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Someplace between Nowhere and Goodbye
    Posts
    12,964
    Quote Originally Posted by peasnluv View Post
    thank you rdf, greatly appreciated.
    You're welcome psnLuv. I especially hope that you appreciate "And you and peasnluv give me very memorable erotic dreams ."

    You and SeenKid are the epitome of America in my mind, and the ability to be happy is most times something we have to strive for daily. But it usually works for the most part. Your relationship can bring hope to others, and can sometimes lighten up the darkness that is inherent in living with a spinal cord injury.

    I'm glad you're both members, I've read most of both of your posts and you seem contented. That is a blessing, be there a god or not. I love you both.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

    Thanks!

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinT View Post
    I'm amazed at this thread (well, many threads), honestly. Why does there have to be so much anger just because people feel, think, or believe differently? If someone is grateful for being disabled, how does that effect those who aren't grateful? It doesn't. People will live in whatever state (gratitude, anger, denial, etc.) they chose to live in. Support others in whatever state they decide to live in. It's not necessary to to pull them to yours in order to do that.

    This reply wasn't aimed at anyone. It's just a general comment about the anger that seems to permeate threads here.
    I agree, completely ridiculous, why can't everyone just let others be who they are.

  8. #48
    Senior Member rdf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Someplace between Nowhere and Goodbye
    Posts
    12,964
    Originally Posted by KevinT
    I'm amazed at this thread (well, many threads), honestly. Why does there have to be so much anger just because people feel, think, or believe differently? If someone is grateful for being disabled, how does that effect those who aren't grateful? It doesn't. People will live in whatever state (gratitude, anger, denial, etc.) they chose to live in. Support others in whatever state they decide to live in. It's not necessary to to pull them to yours in order to do that.

    This reply wasn't aimed at anyone. It's just a general comment about the anger that seems to permeate threads here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim
    I agree, completely ridiculous, why can't everyone just let others be who they are.
    Because we're human, and have been this way for a couple of million years. People have many differing opinions, and tend to voice them when opposing opinions are made known. I don't see any anger in this thread - you're mistaking frustration and venting for anger. They're not equatable.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

    Thanks!

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by peasnluv View Post
    Okay Jody, first of all, why are you so upset with me? I was replying to Bob Clark. Sorry I didn't make that clear. Second, just because I am an "ab" I don't understand? How fair is that when I've been there for her 24/7 through the entire ordeal? I stayed with her every single night in the hospital and rehab. I did her bowel programs, cathed her, showered her, fed her, gave blood thinning shots, etc. when she couldn't. Now that she can I am not needing to be there for her physically but I am continuing to be there for her emotionally and I'm getting shunned for that here? Absolutely ridiculous.
    I you.You're a loyal friend to her.
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    connecticut
    Posts
    8,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Seenkid101 View Post
    I like this site a lot but i find myself reading more people bitching about their SCI than just helping people. I just don't want to read it anymore.

    I love that out of all the posts that I have written the one where I argue with someone it gets more comments.

    Goodbye to all- I am deleting my account.
    Sorry to hear that Seenkid, I don;t think anyone wants that.

    One think I want to mention, is that for a lot of people, listening to them bitch about their sci, IS helping them. I know you have mentioned that you go to support groups and such. Well, for a lot of people, they don;t have that, either b/c they haven;t found them, don;t have any in their area, or can;t get there. So cc IS their support group. And sometimes, we just need to bitch .... to someone who can listen. If you aren;t in a place today where you can listen anymore, that is fine, skip the thread for now. Post in a different thread, b/c those are important too.

    Everyone;s situation is different, (which is exact;y what Bob is saying.) You are in a pretty good place, you have friends and family, you are young and healthy (excluding sci) and seem to have adjusted really well. That is great.

    And for the most part, none of us really get what the other ones feel. We make assumptions (just like I did above about you, actually) but don;t really know.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 83
    Last Post: 07-21-2007, 01:34 PM
  2. Even At Rest, Men's And Women's Brains Behave Differently
    By carbar in forum Health & Science News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2006, 06:04 AM
  3. DC Rally - Theme Song Suggestion
    By rustyreeves in forum Life
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 01:49 AM
  4. Grateful to be caregiving
    By darthe in forum Caregiving
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-13-2004, 02:55 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-02-2004, 02:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •