Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 74

Thread: Grateful for being differently abled

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by bob clark View Post
    SCI has me robbed me of life. A normal life. I had more fun in one day pre-SCI than I have... wait... I don't have fun anymore. you're SCI'd. You got a screw loose if this is the kind of challenge you enjoy.



    Glad you're on a 12 Step High. Good for you.

    I don't even know why I wasted my time writing this.

    Bob.
    Wanna go to Mexico? It's cheap right now. If you can only get down there, those fish don't care if you shit your wetsuit. It's not as good as diving pre-sci but it is still more awesome than most people find in a year's time.

    Feb. 18 to Feb. 25 if you want to hang out with us!

    Yes, I am abandoning the parents, kids, husband, etc. They'll live.

  2. #62
    Banned adi chicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    near dracula castle
    Posts
    9,508
    Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    And how many years have you been a caregiver? People here have seen their husbands/wife leave after maybe 10 years, 15 years or 20 years because they are burned out.

    I don't need a caregiver and I don't have one since I am one of the lucky ones, a low para. Still both my husbands have left and behaved me bad because of SCI after 7 years and after 13 year. Honestly, they got bored of me and all the things we couldn't do.
    LOL and I am thinking to get married again.This time I will choose [select]my bride very careful .
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

  3. #63
    I've read some of this thread, not all, because I don't want to get angry right now. There's been many times I've thought about leaving CC because of some of the negativity here; and there's been times when I've blown my lid and lashed out before I thought things through. We all do this from time to time.

    I stick around because I need the support this site offers.
    I try to ignore the negative stuff (unless it is something that I feel really needs to be addressed) and stick with reading and responding to the threads and posts that seem to merit responses.

    Megan and Shannon, I hope you keep posting. I love you both half to death and this old, crippled lesbian would miss you if you were to leave...
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

  4. #64
    Banned adi chicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    near dracula castle
    Posts
    9,508
    Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    Wanna go to Mexico? It's cheap right now. If you can only get down there, those fish don't care if you shit your wetsuit. It's not as good as diving pre-sci but it is still more awesome than most people find in a year's time.

    Feb. 18 to Feb. 25 if you want to hang out with us!

    Yes, I am abandoning the parents, kids, husband, etc. They'll live.
    Where in Mexico betheny?
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

  5. #65
    SCI sucks sweaty donkey balls!

    That said,your life well be exactly what you make of it..you'll be bitter and angry with what its left you or you'll pick up the pieces and rebuild a life for yourself that your happy and content with.Strength of character,i chose the latter.

  6. #66
    Banned adi chicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    near dracula castle
    Posts
    9,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    SCI sucks sweaty donkey balls!

    That said,your life well be exactly what you make of it..you'll be bitter and angry with what its left you or you'll pick up the pieces and rebuild a life for yourself that your happy and content with.Strength of character,i chose the latter.
    Shaun Before my SCI I traveled more than you can imagine North America,South America ,Europe.I was AB and I had a job ...so I could afford the expenses.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

  7. #67
    I dont care anything about you or what you claim to have done Adrian,please dont respond to my posts and i wont respond to yours..Thank you and have a wonderful day!

  8. #68
    Love....exciting and new...come aboard...we're expecting you!!!!
    And the truth shall set you free.

  9. #69
    Banned adi chicago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    near dracula castle
    Posts
    9,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    I dont care anything about you or what you claim to have done Adrian,please dont respond to my posts and i wont respond to yours..Thank you and have a wonderful day!
    Good Idea Shaun ....Have a pleasant day.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

  10. #70
    Senior Member lynnifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Windsor ON Canada
    Posts
    19,320
    Best saying of 2009 (so far):

    Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    the suckage factor
    lol!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 83
    Last Post: 07-21-2007, 01:34 PM
  2. Even At Rest, Men's And Women's Brains Behave Differently
    By carbar in forum Health & Science News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2006, 06:04 AM
  3. DC Rally - Theme Song Suggestion
    By rustyreeves in forum Life
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-25-2005, 01:49 AM
  4. Grateful to be caregiving
    By darthe in forum Caregiving
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-13-2004, 02:55 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-02-2004, 02:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •