Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Veterans Going to The 29th Veterans Wheelchair Games in Spokane Wash 7-12 to 7-18

Any Veterans Going to The 29th Veterans Wheelchair Games in Spokane Wash 7-12 to 7-18

Any Veterans going to The 29th Veterans Wheelchair Games July 12 to July 18, 2009 in Spokane Washington? If you are I sure would like to meet as many of my fellow Veterans as possible. Please PM or e-mail me here on Care Cure if you plan on going to the games. I'm excited as this will be my first time going to the games. Any one that has never gone to the Veterans Wheelchair games before your airfare & hotel will be paid for as a novice participant. Take care !

Thanks,
    Bob
    Oldsmar, Florida

Would love to attend but we have therapists accompanying our team and cannot release more staff to go. We hosted the NVWG in 1997 and I was on the local committee (and in charge of all the first aiders) and it was a blast (but a LOT of hard work). We had 650 athletes that year!

(KLD)

This guy! It'll be my 6th.

You are going to meet so many people... everyone is totally friendly and outgoing. Sign up for as many events as possible, especially the slalom!

I plan to go to my third games this year

I was able to go to my first in AK missed Milwaukee and made Omaha last year. The games are a great time I recommend signing up for five events and at least watching as many events as you are able to. You'll find the "old timers" are quick to advise, assist and show you the ropes.

I'll go as an observer if I can make it. I have family up there (it's my birthplace) and would love to come to see and cheer you on.

I'll bring my camera and photograph your events if you wish.

Amy
    Last edited by skippy13; 01-16-2009 at 06:56 AM.

Last year, Omaha, was my first year. We are working on our fundraisers to get as much of our team there as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Them Bones View Post
    This guy! It'll be my 6th.

You are going to meet so many people... everyone is totally friendly and outgoing. Sign up for as many events as possible, especially the slalom!
    I'm excited about going. Thanks for your encouraging words. If I do go I hope that we will be able to meet one another. May be we should PM or e-mail each other our cell phone numbers so we can get in touch with each other at the games. Let me know if that's what you want to do & I will PM you mine & then you can do like wise.
    Take care my fellow Veterans. I hope we get to meet in July in Spokane.
    Bob
    Last edited by RAFS; 01-24-2009 at 07:48 PM.

My son will attend this event. It is a great opportunity for him to meet his fellow veteran.

Quote Originally Posted by Timo View Post
    My son will attend this event. It is a great opportunity for him to meet his fellow veteran.
    It'll be eye opening both for Tim and the family once you see how many paralyzed vets there are living in our society...and the amazing way they defy the odds and achieve independence no matter the level of injury. My first NVWG forever changed my outlook on life.

I just got my packet in the mail today! It doesn't say but does anyone here have an event list, one that shows events quads can compete in maybe?
    Thanks,
    conrad
    When trains meet motorcycles, the motorcycle always loses.