Page 75 of 81 FirstFirst ... 256566676869707172737475767778798081 LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to right now?

This should be the theme for paralysis research and ole Brucie would surely let us use it 'cause he's the Boss!

Also like the funny remake by Fallon:

In the day we sweat it out in the streets of a runaway american dream
    At night we ride through mansions of glory in suicide machines
    Sprung from cages out on highway 9,
    Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin out over the line
    Baby this town rips the bones from your back
    Its a death trap, it's a suicide rap
    We gotta get out while were young
    `cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run

Wendy let me in I wanna be your friend
    I want to guard your dreams and visions
    Just wrap your legs round these velvet rims
    And strap your hands across my engines
    Together we could break this trap
    Well run till we drop, baby well never go back
    Will you walk with me out on the wire
    `cause baby Im just a scared and lonely rider
    But I gotta find out how it feels
    I want to know if love is wild, girl I want to know if love is real

Beyond the palace hemi-powered drones scream down the boulevard
    The girls comb their hair in rearview mirrors
    And the boys try to look so hard
    The amusement park rises bold and stark
    Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist
    I wanna die with you wendy on the streets tonight
    In an everlasting kiss

The highways jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive
    Everybodys out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide
    Together wendy well live with the sadness
    Ill love you with all the madness in my soul
    Someday girl I don't know when were gonna get to that place
    Where we really want to go and well walk in the sun
    But till then tramps like us baby we were born to run
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

It's a Bruce Springsteen night ... this one always touched a chord with me.

Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Old school

My brother hates Coldplay. I make him listen to it in the car if we're headed to Toronto (and I am on Feb 5th). I must say I prefer the post-Gwyneth Chris Martin than the skinny crack-head version.

I loved this growing up ... used to listen to it over and over and try and play my guitar like Neil. Nowadays I care more about my nails ... lol! I still have that guitar from age 14 though ... it's right behind me as I type this. This album is just so hypnotic to me ... even these decades later.

I'm really showing my age, lol.

Ah, lynnifer...

Tramps like us
    Baby we were born to run!

Al Green let's get marred today lol

'Love Rollercoaster" RIP 'Sugarfoot' Bonner

In memory of a super funk performer, take a moment if you can to revisit
    'Love Rollercoaster", you won't regret it...

Love Rollercoaster by The Ohio Players: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VH6yD8zobM

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/ohio-playe...171706799.html

Ohio Players frontman 'Sugarfoot' Bonner dies

By DAN SEWELL | Associated Press – 2 hours 11 minutes ago

CINCINNATI (AP) — Leroy "Sugarfoot" Bonner, frontman for the hit-making funk music band the Ohio Players, has died. He was 69.
    The Ohio Players, known for their brassy dance music, catchy lyrics and flamboyant outfits, topped music charts in the 1970s with hits such as "Love Rollercoaster," ''Fire," ''Skin Tight" and "Funky Worm."
    A spokeswoman for a Newcomer Funeral Home in the Dayton suburb of Kettering said Monday morning that the family hadn't scheduled any public services. There was also a posting about his death on his current band's Facebook page. No other information was released immediately about his death Saturday.
    Born in Hamilton, Ohio, Bonner teamed up in the 1960s with core members of a group called the Ohio Untouchables to form the Ohio Players. The band had a string of Top 40 hits in the mid-1970s and continued to perform for years after that. He had remained active in recent years with a spinoff band called Sugarfoot's Ohio Players.
    "Humble yet charismatic, soft-spoken and of few words, the weight of his thoughts, lyrics and music has influenced countless other artists, songs and trends," stated a posting attributed as an "official family announcement" on the Facebook page of Sugarfoot's Ohio Players. "He will be missed but not forgotten as his legacy and music lives on."
    Marshall Jones, the bass player and a founding member of the Ohio Players, called his bandmates "a bunch of the most creative people — especially Sugarfoot — that I have ever been around."
    "It's kind of crazy," Jones, 72, told The Associated Press of Bonner's death. "I'm still feeling fragile."
    Jones said after years of playing music, the band's sudden stardom, with No. 1 singles and huge crowds in venues such as the Superdome in New Orleans, was stunning.
    "I sit back now, and it was all a brilliant blaze," he said. "I think 'Damn, did I do that?' It was just 'Zoom!' That was a starburst. And like all things like that, it fizzles."
    Jones said he, Bonner and other band members were delighted and flattered when "Love Rollercoaster" gained new fans through a 1990s cover by the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
    Bonner had said he learned about music in Hamilton, where he was the oldest of a large family, playing harmonica, learning guitar and sneaking into bars as an adolescent to play with adult musicians. He said he ran away from his home some 20 miles north of Cincinnati at age 14, and told the Hamilton JournalNews in 2009 that he had only gone back there once. He explained he had bad memories of growing up poor.
    He wound up in Dayton, where he connected with the players who would form the band. Their lineup changed at times, but featured horns, bass, guitar, drums and keyboards.
    "We were players. We weren't trying to be lead singers, but we became one of the first crossover singing bands," Bonner told the Dayton Daily News in a 2003 interview. He said he initially played with his back to the audience, because he didn't want to get distracted.
    While the band used sexual innuendo, Bonner said he didn't relate to some of the explicit lyrics and attitudes of later pop music and rap.
    "There is nothing but the old school and the new fools," he said. "It's a shame the way these artists are preaching badness to a drum beat."
    ___

Natalie Imbruglia and Portishead: