Page 28 of 81 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to right now?

Talking

I listen to this when i go to work

Not sure if anyone has already posted this. Not normally my thing but Jesus this girl can sing. The pure emotion in this song is incredible. Makes me stop whatever I'm doing

C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

RR, I love her voice it is truly unique and soulful.
    Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
    -Dorothy Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by RehabRhino View Post
    That's my favorite from her latest album.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexAgain View Post
    Are we Human - the Killers
    before that I was listening to Amy Ray - live from Tenessee
    killers, weezer, kean, franzferdinand

The new Emmylou Harris album, Hard Bargain. I'm not a fan of the current commercial Country music but I do like my Steve Earle, Rosanne/Johnny Cash, George Jones etc.

I'm betting not many Country music stations will play anything from Emmylou's new album and then she will have the last laugh like Loretta Lynn did by winning a Grammy for Van Lear Rose. All the airplay for that album came from adult alternative, alternative and college radio.

Well, back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Domosoyo View Post
    The new Emmylou Harris album, Hard Bargain. I'm not a fan of the current commercial Country music but I do like my Steve Earle, Rosanne/Johnny Cash, George Jones etc.

I'm betting not many Country music stations will play anything from Emmylou's new album and then she will have the last laugh like Loretta Lynn did by winning a Grammy for Van Lear Rose. All the airplay for that album came from adult alternative, alternative and college radio.

Well, back to work.
    Yeah its true, I'm very agree with your comment.
    "Nothing Incurable Diseases".

I watched Due Date last night, and enjoyed it. The scene with Ethen falling asleep at the wheel had this music that caught my attention immediately; it was love. A bit of internet research revealed the song was Mykonos by Fleet Foxes. I'd heard of this group, but didn't know any of their music.
    I've ordered an album that Mykonos appears on without knowing any other songs.

You'll enjoy Fleet Foxes. Very lay back vibe... almost as lay back as the Greek Isles.
    Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood! Larry in 'Closer', a play by Partick Marber