Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Things that annoy you

Things that annoy you

I know this has probably been talked about before but what do you guys think about someone who uses the large handicapped stall in the public bathrooms that doesn't need it and all the other stalls are empty. It annoys the piss out of me literally. Should i even care? Do I have a right to be p-o'd? WHat do you think and add to the list of things that annoy the heck out of you.

I get annoyed that the public washrooms don't have 2 wheelchair stalls ... or universal design doesn't just make them all bigger.

These are some of my annoyances right now.

1. Overpackaging on food and other items. I have made a concentrated effort to make sure everybody who helps out in my apartment is recycling. I am appalled at the amount of cardboard and plastic that has accumulated in my bins in less than 2 weeks. Most of it from food that has unnecessarily been double and triple packaged. Like a bag of cookies not only has a cardboard divider inside but then has the cookies also shrink wrapped in groups of 5. I get that some of it is needed to maintain freshness. But too much is too much.

2. Renting a dvd that craps out due to a scratch in the middle of watching it. 23 minutes left in Fight Club last night and it stopped playing. And it was the store's only copy.

3. Neighbours who let their dogs poop and pee in the snow right beside my apartment building's main door to outside. Yeah I know it's a pain to take them away from the buildings when its cold and snowing. But I don't appreciate having to pass by it all when I come and go.

4. The cable guy. Or maybe I should say the cable company whose policy is "We will be there sometime between 8 am and 8 pm. Please be at home." Actually the window they gave me was noon to 8 pm yesterday to come and fix my cable, which my neighbour somehow managed to slice through trying to install his mini sattelite dish on the outer wall between our units. His cable still works, mine doesn't. Funny how that goes. Anyway it is now 5 pm the next day and still no cable guy. Thankfully some others in the building have not secured their wireless routers, meaning I am able to leech internet off them. But no TV or phone service.

5. Bladder stones. And a trip to the hospital tomorrow to have them removed.
    Last edited by orangejello; 01-13-2009 at 08:09 PM.

Stairs and no lift. I can't visit anybody because of that. I haven't been able to visit my childrens homes from the day they left home.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Hi Amanda,

The neighbor who sliced through your cable could have made a temporary fix to it with a knife and some tape. If it was his (or her) TV reception at issue I'm sure the fix would have happened. People.

Hope you get it fixed soon. I don't know what I'd do without TV!

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

I was tempted to be silly, and post "people who pirate off other peoples wireless internet." But I do it at my mom;s sometimes as well.

Sorry about the bladder stones OJ, that is no fun.

My big annoyance today is icy sidewalks/driveways. The weather we have had (and ice storm, followed a few days later by snow, and now bitter cold coming in) has made wheeling a mess, with out much chance of it getting any better before next week. I got stuck in my own driveway the other day, and had to get my daughter to rescue me.

And Bente, now you mention it BOTH of my sons have rented places I can;t get in, unless they carry me up the stairs. I haven;t been in either place. Since the younger one is living w. 5 other male college students, I should count my blessings in that case! My older son is only in his place (2nd story walk up) for another year ..... I told him the next place needs to be accessible, I am sick of visiting in the car in the driveway. The last time we met at a restaurant.
    Last edited by sjean423; 01-13-2009 at 11:33 PM.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I've had this on my Website for a few years:

I hate going out. I hate staying home. I hate contradicting myself. I hate so much about the things you choose to be. I hate the Drake. I hate being lonely. I hate when people cheat. I hate when people lie. I hate when people lie about cheating. I hate spinal cord contusions. I hate the Los Angeles Lakers. I hate it when dogs bark at nothing. I hate commercials. I hate being sad. I hate burning the roof of my mouth while eating a slice of pizza. I hate wheelchairs. I hate stairs. I hate trying to remember which one of my myriad of passwords to use when logging in to something. I hate logging in. I hate logging on. I hate not knowing if I should log in or log on. I hate logs. I hate feeling worthless. I hate vegetables. I hate not having anyone to share my crappy life with. I hate money. I hate feeling like I'm not good enough. I hate it when people don't break topics into paragraphs when writing. I hate it when I do or don't do things that I hate. I hate that I'm unable to work the word 'stellar' into more of my conversations. I hate that my bottle often seems like it's empty. I hate my skinny arms. I hate deceitful behavior. I hate when I look back on my behavior and realize I was being irrational. I hate the movie Titanic. I hate that my hands don't work. I hate losing. I hate my hair. I hate forgetting things I'd like to remember. I hate bad beats. I hate rude behavior. I hate fruit. I hate that I probably won't get to have children. I hate watching the edited for TV versions of rated R movies. I hate feeling like I don't belong. I hate thinking that the best years of my life are behind me. I hate sudden death overtime in NFL games. I hate paralysis. I hate racism. I hate the chicken pox scar I have on my cheek. I hate solitude. I hate any acronym related to laughing. I hate it when things I depend on let me down. I hate when anything gets taken for granted. I hate Celine Dion. I hate tenodesis splints. I hate when my web host is down. I hate classes before 10 am. I hate ear wax. I hate phone conversations that last longer than 5 minutes. I hate loose gravel. I hate it when the fun ends. I hate second guessing myself. I hate when the Blackjack dealer has 16 and draws to 21. I hate dust. I hate my posture. I hate being at the mercy of others. I hate gravity. I hate the empty feeling that overcomes me after being out. I hate stupid arguments. I hate when my anger gets misplaced. I hate broken vertebrae. I hate the commercialization of holidays. I hate it when there's not enough cowbell. I hate pills. I hate pagination. I hate uncertainty. I hate being sick and tired of having to eek my way through life. I hate spyware. I hate losing friends. I hate cavities. I hate not knowing if tomorrow will be good for something. I hate being haunted with thoughts of how life should be. I hate overcooked food. I hate people telling me how to live my life. I hate wannabes. I hate boredom. I hate ASSHATS. I hate WHEN i INADVERTENTLY HIT MY CAPS LOCK KEY WHEN TYPING AN 'A'. I hate people who are shady. I hate when the timing is wrong. I hate feeling like I'm missing out on life. I hate when there's only one of something good left. I hate existential conundrums. I hate dead axons. I hate excess icons. I hate when I tire from exploring the infinite abyss. I hate when my neck hurts. I hate it when I remember something I'd like to forget. I hate that life isn't fair. I hate when my taskbar gets too full. I hate being the short stack. I hate my sophomore yearbook pictures. I hate that chivalry is almost dead. I hate when computers freeze up. I hate narrow straws with limited throughput. I hate shrink wrap that can't be opened by just using fingernails. I hate fingernails. I hate fingers. I hate nails. I hate finishing one out of the money in a poker tournament. I hate when I feel like I have something hanging out of my nose and can't pick it. I hate lyrics that are hard to understand. I hate pens that don't work. I hate injustices. I hate Cartman's mom. I hate it when people are afraid to ask questions. I hate autonomic dysreflexia. I hate brainstorming. I hate when people don't like that I ruin surprises. I hate when my predictions are wrong. I hate listing things I hate. I hate it when I know I'm beat. I hate when people spread rumors. I hate being confused. I hate Pythagoras. I hate narrow doorways. I hate folding a winner. I hate low kickers. I hate using too many poker references. I hate that some days are harder than others. I hate feeling stupid. I hate typing I hate. I hate making people feel awkward. I hate dorky behavior. I hate that the word 'gnarly' fell out of favor. I hate admitting that. I hate being misled. I hate being misunderstood. I hate waiting lines. I hate spam emails that try to disguise keywords to avoid filters. I hate pretentious people. I hate stuffing my sorry's in a sack. I hate overanalyzing my own actions. I hate overanalyzing others' actions. I hate compound words. I hate gossip. I hate when batteries die. I hate fevers. I hate flying through a jetwash. I hate problems that don't have an easy solution. I hate hidden agendas. I hate when things don't work out as they should. I hate when others feel unappreciated. I hate that nearly everything is out of reach. I hate chronic fatigue. I hate having my space bubble invaded by undesirables. I hate holding a small pocket pair when there are 3 over cards on the board. I hate using too many poker references. I hate not being able to follow my own advice. I hate accidentally repeating myself. I hate not being a guy like I used to be. I hate inaccessibility. I hate wasting my time. I hate mean people. I hate when the fries get cold. I hate bad karma. I hate monotony. I hate the word 'dude.' I hate when my friends are crabby. I hate when people go back on their word. I hate losing sight of what's important. I hate feeling like I'm so far out of my league that I'm not even playing the right sport. I hate moral decay. I hate getting caught in a cleavage peek. I hate not knowing why I learned the quadratic equation and why I still remember it. I hate bees. I hate when things are to be continued. I hate thinking of things when it's too late. I hate when people do things I hate without realizing it. I hate seafood. I hate cancer. I hate pain. I hate when egos write checks that bodies can't cash. I hate simple subjects. I hate when things are over, when so much is left undone. I hate that I'll never truly win. I hate that I can't be anybody's hero. I hate my meticulous nature. I hate rocks. I hate geology. I hate pressure. I hate time. I hate trying too hard. I hate not trying hard enough. I hate going to extremes. I hate when people know not what they do. I hate giving bad grades. I hate that vowels sounds like bowels. I hate the thought of chewing on tinfoil. I hate application deadlines. I hate when the printer says PC Load Letter. I hate hanging by a thread. I hate getting asked questions I don't know the answer to. I hate arrogant Mac users. I hate feeling like I'm disappearing. I hate questioning other peoples' motives. I hate weddings. I hate saying I'm living the dream when I'm clearly not. I hate traversing a linked list. I hate complacency. I hate not being able to trust people. I hate not being able to trust myself. I hate days when I talk to less than a handful of real people. I hate days when I see less than a handful of real people. I hate that I can't grab a handful. I hate my hands. I hate being full. I hate not being able to use my fingers and toes for counting. I hate holding people back. I hate when people ask how I'm doing. I hate hypothetical questions. I hate the thought of waking up tomorrow to find that five years have passed. I hate myself for loving you. I hate emotion. I hate when people say proper preparation prevents piss poor performance. I hate alliteration. I hate pee. I hate the voice in my head. I hate that nobody sees some real genius in my flying. I hate feeling like an imposition. I hate lying awake at night because my neck hurts. I hate lying awake at night because I'm hot. I hate lying awake at night for no particular reason. I hate reasons. I hate strippers. I hate infinite recursion. I hate people who abuse their authority. I hate that if you don't use it, you lose it. I hate attenuation. I hate when people don't know the rule about not saying 'no' to me. I hate when people know the rules but don't follow them anyway. I hate playing the pity card to excess. I hate no talent ass clowns. I hate when people roll their eyes at me. I hate parades. I hate JavaScript errors. I hate subtleties. I hate inner ugliness. I hate outie belly buttons. I hate subscripts that are out of range. I hate that the letters are worn off my keyboard. I hate pink straws. I hate when people try to convince me to try something new. I hate trying things. I hate new things. I hate nuances. I hate not having garlic mashed potatoes when I eat prime rib. I hate feeling like I'm sitting still whilst everybody else I know seems to be advancing toward the happy life. I hate idiots who use the word whilst while trying to come across as intelligent. I hate infections. I hate that there's a History Channel to look back at the past, but no Future Channel to see what is yet to come. I hate overly defensive people. I hate potential. I hate Nursultan Tuyakbi. I hate when nobody catches my obscure movie references. I hate antibiotics. I hate incongruent sentence structure. I hate false hope. I hate when people only talk to me when they want something. I hate poor grammar. I hate being asked the same question over and over. I hate eating with vegetarians. I hate being blinded by stupid black and white rules when a large gray area clearly exists. I hate not knowing whether to refer to fantasy football as narcissistic delusionry or narcissistic delusionality. I hate people who think I'm bad at making up words. I hate thinking I'm good at making up words. I hate when there's no right answer. I hate trendiness. I hate that it's hard to hate anything when there's so much beauty in the world. I hate oxymorons. I hate when people won't give me a time to meet them. I hate getting my hopes up. I hate data that isn't in 3rd normal form. I hate small glasses for mixed drinks. I hate muffin tops. I hate stupid defensive penalties in 3rd down. I hate people who complain about Vista when they 1) haven't used it or 2) only have problems because they don't know what they're doing. I hate when I start believing in somebody, only to set me up for disappointment. I hate Narconecropedapodahomopyrobeastialaphobia. I hate long words. I hate proofreading. I hate always being cautiously pessimistic. I hate when someone offers to buy me a cup of coffee. I hate flimsy excuses. I hate having to bite my tongue when idiots open their mouths. I hate dry lips. I hate having time for people who have no time for me. I hate the continuity of life and the inevitability of death. I hate not knowing how to conclude things.

Quote Originally Posted by bob clark View Post
    Hi Amanda,

The neighbor who sliced through your cable could have made a temporary fix to it with a knife and some tape. If it was his (or her) TV reception at issue I'm sure the fix would have happened. People.

Hope you get it fixed soon. I don't know what I'd do without TV!

Bob.
    You know what Bob, I had thought about that. But nobody will attempt the fix for me. My mom said she feared electrocution. And my sister feared getting in trouble from the cable company for messing with the wires. You are right that if my neighbour had cut his own cable, he would have patched it. The cable company promised me somebody will be here at 9 am tomorrow. Plus they are taking $80 off my cable bill for next month. Which I think is not enough. But I am passive and will probably not demand more. Unless the guy doesn't show up tomorrow.

For somebody who claims not to watch much TV, I am sure missing it tonight I don't know what to do with myself. I think I am a closet TV addict who was in denial. Until my TV got taken away.

However, being in an anti social mode lately, I am not missing the phone so much. My life is far less complicated when nobody can get in touch with me. (I have a cell phone but don't feel obligated to answer it like I do with my home phone).

Hope are doing well With all this snow, I am dreaming of Florida lol.

Have you ever noticed that sometimes you don;t miss something until it is gone. The power went out the other day. At the time I was reading, it was sunny in my kitchen, I didn;t have the light on. When I noticed that the clock was out, suddenly I

HAD to have a cup of tea, HAD to check my email, HAD turn on the stereo, HAD to have more light ..... etc.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

the stall issue doesnt really affect me because i use a bag and only empty twice a day so its usually at home...i would only care if you were in line for the bathroom and someone ahead of you took that stall.

i admittedly used the larger stall a lot pre-sci because you can barely move around AB in a regular stall as it is!

my annoyance today is doorknobs. wretched little useless-to-me piece of equipment. and shitty sidewalks i almost fall out of my chair on.
    Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
    -Dorothy Thompson