Page 99 of 107 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast

Thread: Last Movie You Watched?

Big recommendation here! An online rental; $2.39 for 72 hours, I've ended up watching Happy: the Movie several times with a neighbor and a couple of my helpers. It explores the concept of happiness, from the extrinsic factors like money image and status, to the intrinsic factors like the effect of community and service to others.

Film producer Tom Shadyak originally funded the movie because he wondered why he wasn't happy after scoring big writing and directing films like Ace Ventura Pet Detective, Bruce Almighty, and Liar Liar and becoming a very rich man. Here is the back story of the making of the movie:

Happy is directed by Roko Belic, the director of the documentary Ghengis Blues and the director of photography of I Am: The Documentary. Originally, Happy started out by Belic making a documentary for Tom Shadyak on happiness. Shadyak gave him the money to film the documentary and Belic ended up raising the money himself for distribution. During the filming of Happy, Shadyak decided to make his own documentary called, I Am which is about his own quest for happiness and turned out to be an expose on connectedness and changing the world.

Ted was pretty funny,i'm not a fan of Seth Mc farland,but a friend brought it by and I laughed pretty hard at some of it.I also watched the Flight with Denzel Washington,It was ok...The ending was pretty dumb.
    Nelson.
    C-6,complete

Saw a sneak preview of the new movie Phantom tonight. Stars Ed Harris and David Duchovny. They play submariners in the Soviet Navy (circa 1968) who are involved in a mysterious incident in the South Pacific. Supposedly based on a true, top secret event. Filmed on board a real Soviet era sub which is based at the San Diego Maritime Museum. Well written, good cast, and a tension filled thriller. I recommend it. Should be opening March 1 nation-wide.

(KLD)

Last night we watched "Flight" with Denzel Washington (CD-Netflix).

It was okay, not great, but somewhat entertaining.

All the best,
    GJ

Zero Dark Thirty awesome movie

The Intouchables - an amazing film
    Mimi

The Call with Halle Barry

I was nodding my head in agreement at the beginning ... some nightmares, prescription meds to deal, hearing stuff on the news that you were part of, the fear of going back into work after a bad call (in my earlier years, not anymore) ... feeling burnt out and how your heart leaps into your throat when you hear screaming.

And it's not like I even work in a busy area like Toronto or Montreal or New York .. but some things are similar in 911.

It's about time someone made a movie about the dispatchers and not in a knitting, could care less, doing their nails kind of way!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Watched "The Other Son" last night, Netflix CD. Mostly in French with English subtitles. "The Other Son" is the moving and provocative tale of two young men -- one Israeli, the other Palestinian -- who discover they were accidentally switched at birth, and the complex repercussions facing them and their respective families." (description from Rotten Tomatoes)

Very good movie.

All the best,
    GJ

The Campaign with Will Ferrell and Zach Galifinakis. Dylan McDermott, Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudekis.

OMG I haven't laughed that hard in a while ... though it was on the midnight shift and things were extremely quiet on a Monday night ... hope I didn't just jinx myself! Can't say the Q word in emergency services.

Anyway - political satire and how I would stereotype Southerners because I'm ignorant ... lol ... I've never been to North Carolina where this takes place.

Definitely a worthwhile rental and a laugh riot!!!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Saw sneak previews for two very different films this week, both of which I recommend:

The first was Renior which is a French film (English subtitles) about the final years of Auguste Renior's life, and his relationship with his last model (later his daughter-in-law) and his son, Jean (later the famous film maker). This is a visually gorgeous film about dedication to art (in spite of a severe disability), love of life, and family set to the background of WWI France on the Côte d'Azur. It is playing primarily at art houses.

The second was 42 which is a new Warner Bros. film based on the time from 1945-1947 when Jackie Robinson was recruited and signed as the first black major league baseball player by Branch Rickey of the Brooklyn Dodgers. Chadwick Boseman (his first feature film role) was very good as Robinson, and I loved Harrison Ford as Rickey (who replaced the originally planned casting of Robert Redford). I was prepared to be disappointed in this film, but I was pleasantly surprised at how well it was done, and how accurate the depiction of the events that took place in 1947 were. I would recommend this even if you are not a baseball fan (but I am).

(KLD)
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 04-04-2013 at 09:19 AM.