Page 98 of 107 FirstFirst ... 48888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast

Thread: Last Movie You Watched?

My 12 yr old niece made me watch The Hunger Games twice today (her christmas present)
    Mimi

The Impossible ... based on the true story of a family that survived The Tsunami.

Ewan McGregor looks awesome as always. Naomi Watts.

I was captivated and horrified all at the same time.

ETA: I cried so hard I was dry heaving. lol
    Last edited by lynnifer; 12-30-2012 at 11:29 PM.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Liked Jack Reacher. Didn't care much for The Hobbit.
    Adaptive Sports Forums.com
    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Went to see Life of Pi, it was awesome, I loved the ending and it was probably the best and most natural 3D film I've seen thus far.

the new 007, it was ok............maybe a 6 out of 10...........

Just got to see The Impossible and I think it is one of the best movies I have seen this year. It is emotionally draining though...and be prepared to have a hanky available for a number of scenes. All the actors were very good, the special effects were spectacular, and it was also well written with very good cinematography. Should be a number of Oscar nominations out this film.

If you have not seen the previews, it is the story (based on real life) of a family of 5 caught in the Thai Tsunami in 2004. This story has the family being English, but the real family was actually from Spain. The director of this film is also Spanish.

(KLD)

Blog Entries

Les Miserables

Was anyone else as strikingly underwhelmed as I was? Has the play, and presumably the book, any more conflict or tension less easily resolved by such tired tropes than the recent movie? The truest thing for me was how the thieves so blithely robbed the patrons blind, just like the more despicable of my caregivers.

But I may not have been paying enough attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Was anyone else as strikingly underwhelmed as I was? Has the play, and presumably the book, any more conflict or tension less easily resolved by such tired tropes than the recent movie? The truest thing for me was how the thieves so blithely robbed the patrons blind, just like the more despicable of my caregivers.

But I may not have been paying enough attention.
    Haven't seen it but have seen the Broafway musical it is based on and read the book. From friends reviews who have neither seen the musical or read the book it sounds like a pass. The biggy they all liked was the close up shots and a scene I don't remember in the other forms. It does seem to be great if you need a place for a great cry....

I'm being dragged to Djardo this week so if anyone has good reviews of Les Mis I'll need a back up. I can't stand Tarintino films.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Finally got to see Amour which is nominated both for best film and in the foreign language category for the Oscars this year. It was painful to watch (esp. due to my mother's recent death), but excellent, with wonderful performances by both Jean-Louis Trintignant and Emmanuelle Riva.

I seen in a number of reviews that this is about a woman's decline due to Alzheimer's, and her husband's care for her, but I see no indication in the film that she has Alzheimers, and the presentation is much more suggestive of a series of strokes and vascular dementia as the cause of this decline. Regardless, the effects on not only the person with the disease/disability and their spouse caregiver, and the isolation from their social circle is profoundly examined.

Take a Kleenex for this one!

(KLD)
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 01-21-2013 at 06:21 AM.

Promised Land

I liked it ... middle-American farmers will be able to relate. Could have done so much more as far as consequences about fracking (maybe for once, they assume the viewing public is educated on this already) ... Matt Damon and John Krasinski with a nice twist at the end that I didn't see coming!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12