Page 97 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Movie You Watched?

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
    I don't consider myself a prude and I just read something on why a disabled man wasn't cast for the roll. For a movie that could easily get a NC-17 rating for frontal male nudity I don't get it. The sexual problem was his and I would think we'd see what a disability over a life time would do to his legs and torso. I'm probably not explaining this well but I think I'll get the full article O'Brien wrote and skip the movie.
    Admit it, you're upset because you were hoping to see dong. lol j/k

Couldn't sleep last night so I watched The Amazing Spiderman (2012).

It wasn't that amazing. Never should have tapped an english boy to play Peter Parker!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Life of Pi was good..but funny how the last scene went over SOO many heads.

I netflixed "In the land of blood and honey" Angelina Jolie, Directed.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1714209/

At first I felt it was difficult to understand and not very good quality..plus it is very hard for me to watch any violence, esp sexual in nature..but I went back and finished it later..the story needs to be told and re-told. What people in what was one day a modern and hip city which just finished hosting the Olympics.. can then revert to the most evil and hateful bigotry based on RELIGION...and ethnicity is terrifying. Christian Serbs calling the woman "Muslim whores" .. how the hate can lead to such crimes against humanity. All this was happening while I was in college..and we never learn. We are being ruled by division and extremism in all countries...this is the road it leads to..again and again.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Quote Originally Posted by Scott C4/5 View Post
    Admit it, you're upset because you were hoping to see dong. lol j/k
    Only if it's a guy with chiseled abs and a hot butt all tied up to a serious brain. Say..George Clooney, Matthew Mcconaughey before he started the starvation for another film or Daniel Craig. John Hawkes isn't well know for a reason. Although the NYTimes did give Hawkes a great review for his portrayal of O'Brian.

I think the portrayal was based solely to get an R rating because an NC-17 doesn't bring in the bucks because it has 'artsy or documentary' in most peoples mind sets. Hell, if you're going with Hawkes why didn't they create a make up kit that enlarged his neck?
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Whaaaaat?

We have opposite tastes.

I hate Daniel Criag and Matthew McConaughey!

Hawkes was excellent in The Perfect Storm and Winter's Bone ... especially so in Martha Marcy May Marlene!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I finally saw One for the Money. It was pretty good. I like actor that plays the character "Ranger".
    Mimi

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Whaaaaat?

We have opposite tastes.

I hate Daniel Criag and Matthew McConaughey!

Hawkes was excellent in The Perfect Storm and Winter's Bone ... especially so in Martha Marcy May Marlene!
    Hawkes has a shallow chest like Leonardo di Caprio at 16 in Titantic. I like men. Ben Affleck is even looking good these days as is his pal Matt Damon. Hot and smart. Next for us will probably be The Promised Land.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

I saw Any Day Now yesterday and loved this movie. It is a story set in the late 1970s in LA about a gay "drag queen" who hooks up with a closeted attorney, and attempts to get custody of a neglected developmentally disabled son of a prostitute/druggie neighbor. Alan Cummings (currently on "The Good Wife") was amazing as the lead character. One of the best films I have seen this year.

(KLD)

john carter very good about cripple from the jar head clan

Well, i don't get much time to go and watch the movies but my recent watch was "Dark Knight Rises" and i don't think i could watch any other Great movie like this one in this year !