Page 96 of 107 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Movie You Watched?

FLIGHT with Denzel Washington, Don Cheadle and John Goodman

Excellent!!! 4/5 stars!!! Would pay to see again (if I had paid this time - friend and I take turns, lol)

ARGO with Ben Affleck, Bryan Cranston and John Goodman was terrific too (but they showed some of the best parts in the trailer).
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Saw Skyfall last week. It is long at 2 hours 23 minutes but a lot of his history and M's comes into play. These kind of films are why we love Sundance. Tons of great action and even more sites you will never see elsewhere. Nearer the end there is an island that should give everyone the willies. I think Craig has firmly grabbed his title as second best Bond ever. Sean Connery being first.

With Argo I don't assume everyone knows about it because we have so many younger members. Small bit of info they don't include at the end is that the standing orders for the US Marines has not changed. In light of Benghazi it might give some pause. I do hope to see some Oscars go to Ben Affleck and several others.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Been to a bunch of movies this holiday.

I saw Lincoln on Thanksgiving. Daniel Day-Lewis looks like a sure-thing for an Oscar nomination...he was totally believable as Lincoln, and I never felt he was acting. I even liked Sally Fields as Mary Lincoln. Tommy Lee Jones' role could have been better developed, but over all I thought this was an excellent job.

I went to see Anna Karinana yesterday. Beautiful, a little strange staging (Tom Stoppard after all), pretty true to the book. Most roles were well cast.

Today I went to see Life of Pi. I must admit I never have gotten around to reading the book, so can't compare, but the young actor who plays Pi was very good (his first movie role), the special effects were amazing (see this in 3D...it is worth the extra cost), and the computer animations so realistic. A little preachy, but I still enjoyed it and so did the rest of the audience I saw it with.

(KLD)

I saw Lincoln and it was well acted. Because it was Spielberg's special project, I guess I expected more. Even the Civil War battle scene didn't compare to Saving Private Ryan's opening battle scene.

I saw Lincoln as well and it was pretty good (8 out of 10). There were a lot of recognizable actors.

Thanks, I was wondering about The Life of Pi. On the list now. Sessions just opened at Sundance. Frontal nudity of both, I read the NM chapter, or just Helen Hunt?
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
    Thanks, I was wondering about The Life of Pi. On the list now. Sessions just opened at Sundance. Frontal nudity of both, I read the NM chapter, or just Helen Hunt?
    Just Helen Hunt. John Hawkes only seen from about the waist up naked.

(KLD)

Life of PI

I went today to see the movie, and I really like it. Who else seen it and what do you think.
    My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Just Helen Hunt. John Hawkes only seen from about the waist up naked.

(KLD)
    I don't consider myself a prude and I just read something on why a disabled man wasn't cast for the roll. For a movie that could easily get a NC-17 rating for frontal male nudity I don't get it. The sexual problem was his and I would think we'd see what a disability over a life time would do to his legs and torso. I'm probably not explaining this well but I think I'll get the full article O'Brien wrote and skip the movie.

I've seen the trailer and it looks really good, sadly it's not released in the UK until the 20th