Page 95 of 107 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Movie You Watched?

We went to "Robot and Frank" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robot_%26_Frank
    on Friday. I think we all need one of these robots!

The Dark Knight Rises on IMAX. Long but I enjoyed it, especially the ending.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

We saw The Master on Saturday. I would not recommend it, the acting was very good, but the story was a bit lame. I kept wanting it to be over!

That was next in my queue! I'm enamoured with reading about Scientology so that I would enjoy it ... plus the actors in it ... damn!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Two movies this weekend:

Arbitrage: a pretty good financial/murder thriller. Of course I am a sucker for ANYTHING with Richard Gere, even a non-very sympathic role like this one, and I always like Susan Sarandon too. The ending sort of leaves you hanging, but it actually worked for me. People were talking about "what do you think happened next?" as they walked out of the theater.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower: I was a little disappointed in this because I liked the book so much, but there were some good performances and memorable characters. Will take you all back to high school (but not necessarily in a good way).

I also saw Won't Back Down last week, which was a major disappointment. Although there was a stellar cast, it was poorly written, trite, cliché ridden, and predictable. If you want to see something about the true plight of our nation's schools, or the role of good teachers vs. the incompetents would recommend instead to see "Waiting for Superman" or even "Stand & Deliver". On top of that, it was VERY anti-union...ironic since it was made by an all-union crew and cast. This was shown at both the Republican and Democratic national conventions this year, for different purposes, of course. Skip this one.

(KLD)
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 10-01-2012 at 08:24 PM.

I have watched last movie The Bourne Legacy Movie.

Or favourite commercials?

This guy is so hot. The sea is so hot. The pouring rain and sexually wet connotation are so hot. His hands are so hot! The noir feel of this is so hot! The way he looks into the security camera and means bid'ness! So hot!

Hot viking alert ... any Swedes here? lol

Last edited by lynnifer; 10-03-2012 at 08:27 PM.

We saw Loopers WOW!! Still scraping my brain trying to figure out the whole picture. Didn't like a couple parts but its worth watching for sure

Argo

I got to see Argo last night, and was very impressed with the job Ben Affleck did directing (and acting in) this film. This is the story of the CIA rescue mission of 6 of the US Embassy employees in Teheran, Iran, during the hostage crisis there in 1979.

It was suspenseful, even though you already know the ultimate outcome of the film, well written, and well acted. Lots of buzz about Oscar nominations for this film. I would recommend you see it.

(KLD)

The Sessions

Just saw this new film which is based on a true story (and magazine article written by) about Mark O'Brien, polio survivor, iron lung user, and poet when he went through sex therapy and work with a sexual surrogate in the late 1980s in Berkley at age 38. You may have seen the documentary about O'Brien's life, Breathing Lessons which won the academy award for best Documentary Feature in 1998.

It stars John Hawks as O'Brien, Helen Hunt as the surrogate, and William Macy as O'Brien's priest. Adam Arkin has a small part as the Hunt character's husband. All were great, and I loved this film. I actually sat through it twice, as both I and a local man with high tetraplegia due to SCI (who uses a vent full time) were speakers after both showing of the film.

I strongly recommend this film, which opens in early November. It was a big hit at Sundance this year, with talk about Oscar nominations for Hawks. There is frank sexual talk and open frontal nudity which may be shocking to some, but it was handled sensitively and with great humor.

(KLD)