Page 91 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Movie You Watched?

I've seen Melancholia (Lars von Trier/Kirsten Dunst), the Parking Lot Movie (indie/netflix), some Keith Haring doc, and the Descendants recently... but I've been into this Netflix series on the TED conference that's really cool. It's 15 minute segments on technology-like growing organs or super computers or other geeky stuff. mechanical birds, lol.
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

I just watched "Another Earth". It has a tinge of sci-fi but is mainly a philosophical drama. If you can get past the scientific impossibilities within the movie, you will most likely enjoy the story within. I'd give it a big thumbs up if my thumbs still worked.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1549572/

Last weekend I went to see The Headhunters which is based on a book written by one of my new favorite authors (thanks to Woman from Europe); Norwegian Jo Nesbo. The film is in Norwegian with English subtitles. It is a caper film, full of tension and suspense (and a good amount of blood). It tells the story of a corporate headhunter who is an art theif on the side, and who gets into something way over his head with dire consequences.

I am glad I saw it, and would recommend it if playing in your area.

(KLD)

Actually the last movie I watched was Pro quo quid. Most people did not like that movie, I actually did like it and thought the acting was great and the concept of "what comes around goes around" in our lives really rang true. You just can't take his physcologically inflicted SCI too seriously. It kinda does make me laugh that just putting on a certain pair of shoes could make a person who has a SCI walk once again, I've had fantasy's about that sort of thing.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

I can recommend another Norwegian movie "Oslo, 31st of August". It is very good and I did like the places they have made the movie. Starting on my son's school, beautiful old house from 1776, and most of the movie is taken up around the place I live.

It is about a man coming out from the rehab and what happens to him that day. It is not showing the bright side of life.
    TH 12, 43 years post

It was a Michael Fassbender weekend! Couldn't stand the guy but after seeing two movies which cast him in an unfavourable light and the fact that I'm attracted to creeps ... well he's now one of my favourites.

First up was Shame

Brandon is a 30-something man living in New York who is unable to manage his sex life. After his wayward younger sister moves into his apartment, Brandon's world spirals out of control. From director Steve McQueen (Hunger), Shame is a compelling and timely examination of the nature of need, how we live our lives and the experiences that shape us.

Next up was the fascinating Fish Tank

Mia, an aggressive fifteen-year-old girl, lives on an Essex estate with her tarty mother, Joanne, and precocious little sister Tyler. She has been thrown out of school and is awaiting admission to a referrals unit and spends her days aimlessly. She begins an uneasy friendship with Joanne's slick boyfriend, Connor, who encourages her one interest, dancing.

I love me some British independent film! It's subtle, it's out there. Complex yet simple. Definitely recommend!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Did you ever see the British tv series Hex? He was really good in that. He's got the market cornered on the sexy creeper roles.

I just started Hunger.

I saw Hex listed but will it leave me hanging? The show didn't go on for more than a year. I trust your taste though so will look for it!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Hex got two seasons, but MF's role was rendered kind of obsolete by a major (unforeseen) casting change in the first season. Still worth watching, not only for him, but also one very cool female character.

Men in Black III. Liked it almost as much as the first one.
    Adaptive Sports Forums.com
    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community