Page 8 of 107 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Movie You Watched?

I liked Righteous Kill also - can't beat Deniro and Pacino! I did not like Max Payne - was boring. Igor was cute tho. Looking forward to Lakeview Terrace on Tuesday.
    We are big movie and TV buffs.
    Cathi - Wife of Edward (C6-7 complete) as of Sept. 2,2007

gran torino, Slumdog millionaire is a frekin awesome movie! a must watch! deserving of its 4 golden globes!
    The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

I have just seen it. I did not like it, it is like a commercial for having a gun in the house. It could have been a nice movie but all the shooting destroyed it for me. And yesterday I saw defiance, ok but a little boring, I have seen better films from WWII
    TH 12, 43 years post

I just saw Taken. I'm a Liam Neeson fan. It wasn't that bad. The action was more believable than the Transporter movies.

just saw "Wanted" over the weekend.....eh.
    Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
    -Dorothy Thompson

I thought wanted was a good movie. What didn't you like about it?

Mamma Mia. Made me cry, all the middle aged ladies dancing and partying in Greece with their friends.

Yes, I was feeling sorry for myself on Sunday. I'm not proud, I'm just sayin. I love musicals and chick flicks, looked forward to that for ages, and boohooed like I was watching old yeller.

Bah, kiss my ass winter and sci and crappy economy...

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    Mamma Mia. Made me cry, all the middle aged ladies dancing and partying in Greece with their friends.

Yes, I was feeling sorry for myself on Sunday. I'm not proud, I'm just sayin. I love musicals and chick flicks, looked forward to that for ages, and boohooed like I was watching old yeller.

Bah, kiss my ass winter and sci and crappy economy...
    Mama Mia is such a great movie...made me want to get up and dance around the aisles in the movie theater...made me sad that I couldn't...
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Speaking of the film Mamma Mia!, Meryl Streep sings well for being known as only an actress. She was considered for the part of Eva PerĂ³n for the film version of Evita, but by the time production became a reality, it ultimately went to Madonna.

I actually think Madonna looked a lot more like her and had one of her few shining moments being considered a viable actress, but she really isn't one at all.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    Yup, fun movie. Worth the price of admission just to look at Pierce Brosnan ~ although he really didn't need to sing, kind of blew the moment.

If you like chick flicks, did you see Secret Life of Bees? Another good one.