Page 44 of 108 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Movie You Watched?

I've just watched The Road for the second time this week. The second time watching it left me feeling as empty as the first I watched it.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    I've just watched The Road for the second time this week. The second time watching it left me feeling as empty as the first I watched it.
    The Road takes place in a post Apocalyptic world where apparently there is so little sun that photosynthesis is not occurring, thus nothing was green, even the sea wasn't blue - the film was so colorlesss and dark that the lack of light and color was in and of itself depressing for the watcher. Sometimes I think movies are stimulating because we are watching an ever changing series of bright lights and colors which tends to be mood elevating totally separate from whatever story is being told. I think the Road was a story better told in a book than on screen.

The parts I found heart warming in The Road were when the son told the dad that turning the needy away made them as bad as the "people eaters". Then, of course the end too. I just wonder if they really raised him or ate him. DOOM DOOM DOOM.....

Re-watched Bend it Like Beckham. Still awesome!

Constantine.

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas....ugh =( humanity can get really ugly sometimes.
    Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
    -Dorothy Thompson

The newest Shrek....

Ice Age Dawn of The Dinosaurs.

I laughed my pants off. Just kidding, I don't wear pants.

Oh, I also watched that Tim Burton movie named 9. It was... ok.

Went to see "The City of Your Final Destination" yesterday. Great performances by Laura Linney and Sir Anthony Hopkins, loved the photography, an interesting story with memorable characters:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0896923/

(KLD)