Page 41 of 108 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Movie You Watched?

Requiem for a Dream. Wow, I thought it sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    Requiem for a Dream. Wow, I thought it sucked.
    Seriously? It's one of my faves. What didn't you like?
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

I liked Requiem for a Dream, but it's one of those movies you can't watch much more than once.

So long and thanks for all the fish....ROFL "The Hitchhikers Guide to The Galaxy"
    “If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking.” Gen. Patton

Maybe I just wasn't in the mood to be pummeled by despair? I love a good junkie movie, like Trainspotting. RFAD felt like the characters had no endearing qualities beyond beauty, and omg it was humor-free. The camera work etc. was stunning, I loved the chop a line-snort-eyeballs dilated sequences. But the story bummed me clear the hell out, 100% fail rate on those characters.

And I never heard of a diet pill addict going that batshit. Electroshock? C'mon.

The cast was really good too...

Date Night-good movie, funny.

Back up Plan - good movie also
    “If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking.” Gen. Patton

I've Loved You So Long

Starring Kristin Scott Thomas. It's a French filmed movie, with sub titles. It was excellent.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Those are on my list, Susie Q.

"It's Complicated" was a good one. Gotta love Meryl!

Saw a sneak preview of Letters to Juliette last week. I must admit I am a sucker for a good romance (yes, even a chick flick). In addition to having a chance to see the great Vanessa Redgrave once again, the scenery is gorgeous...it will make you want to call your travel agent and go to Italy immediately!

I understand it is opening pretty widely on 5/15/10 in the USA.

(KLD)

Watched The Hurt Locker last week and found it totally engrossing; a peek into the extraordinary, adrenaline-fueled life of an Iraq war bomb defuser. Each bomb becomes progressively more complex, presenting not just logistical problems but ethical and emotional ones as well.