Page 40 of 109 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Movie You Watched?

Blog Entries
    Hot Tub Time Machine
    You will laugh your aRse off... see, look....

I just saw 'The Secret of Kells.' It was amazing animation, some of the very best I have ever seen. It is a joint European production, with crews from Ireland, France, Brussels, and Hungary responsible for the production. The real Book of Kells resides in Trinity College in Dublin, and this is based on how it might have been created and saved from plundering Norsemen back in the Dark Ages. Very cute animated cat in the story too!

Went to see a fascinating documentary last night called "The Last Train Home." It was a default choice as due to traffic delays we arrived at the theatre after the movie we planned to see had already started. But it all worked out in the end as this film turned out to be a surprising little gem.

Every spring, China’s cities are plunged into chaos, as all at once, a tidal wave of humanity attempts to return home by train. It is the Chinese New Year. The wave is made up of millions of migrant factory workers. The homes they seek are the rural villages and families they left behind to seek work in the booming coastal cities. It is an epic spectacle that tells us much about China, a country discarding traditional ways as it hurtles towards modernity and global economic dominance.

I saw Shutter Island the other day. Talk about a lot of twists and turns, the first 30 minutes were kind of weird and in the movie got really good. Highly recommended.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Last movie I watched was "Boy" its a big hit here in new zealand as its a NZ movie, such a crackup

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

Just watched Double Identity, 2009, with Val Kilmer. Remember him? --stared as Jim Morrison in Oliver Stone's "The Doors." He was always a good actor. But, not necessarily the best at choosing which movies to take.

This one's no acception. Still, gotta give it 3 stars for the action and not being to long and drawn out. haha

Watched 2012 with my sons this weekend. Ugh. When I heard "the neutrinos are mutating" I knew it was going to be a rough ride. So much wrongness packed into two hours. We should have rented Spaceballs instead.

The Italian Job . . . . it was 3 1/2 outta five stars for the story. Chase scenes are a bore for me anymore, unless there's some kind of computer graphic imaging to add something more to it. This one had way to much chase scene filler without the flair.

I was SO excited to see The Last Song.....ugh, I squirmed all the way through it, it was HORRIBLE.

The hubs wanted me to watch The Hurt Locker w/ him, another bore fest.

I re-watched The Blind Side last night & still think it's one of the best..and to be a true story, damn what a family!

Watched "The United States of Leland" never heard about it until I had to watch it for a class but it's got a lot of big names in it (Kevin Spacey, Don Cheadle, Ryan Gosseling, etc) Pretty interesting movie, a little melancholy but it makes you think...and that's always good.
    Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
    -Dorothy Thompson