Page 36 of 108 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Movie You Watched?

The Divingbell and the Butterfly
    Didn't expect having to read while watching it!
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

We watched Catwomen of the Moon!
    We laughed our heads off. It's a 1953 low low budget film with the most godawful props, effects and acting you can imagine. It's a mass of contradictions and surprises - cheap lawn chairs as acceleration couches, gravity in space, fire in vacuum, a spider puppet, at one point an actor calls another by the wrong name!
    The music is by Elmer Bernstein, who later became truly great (True Grit?), writing scores for hundreds of fine movies. At the time he was brown-listed during the red scare mania, and needed to keep the wolf from the door.
    Anyway, we recommend this one. Keep your expectations of good art low, and try to count the errors!
    - Richard

Quote Originally Posted by november View Post
    The Divingbell and the Butterfly
    Didn't expect having to read while watching it!
    You didn't expect subtitles for a French movie?

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    You didn't expect subtitles for a French movie?

(KLD)
    I didn't even know it was a French movie, just saw posts about it on CC and added it to my list.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Avatar, it was fantastic. Free online of course. lol
    Star Trek, it was great. I watch it alot.
    “If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking.” Gen. Patton

Avatar in 3-D at the IMAX theater was absolutely incredible. I almost fell over a few times moving out of the way to dodge stuff. The scenery was just an immense and indescribable. I highly recommend if you're going to see to go see it in 3-D

Just saw Edge of Darkness with Mel Gibson tonight. The first half of the movie was slowing kind of sucked with really weird cinematography but the second half of the movie was really good and get you on the edge of your seat. And for me, it's difficult to get their let alone stay there without ending up kissing the floor. LOL
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

I watched Downfall tonight for some context on those "Hitler rant" parody videos; I plan to make one aimed at paratransit services in my city.

Thumbs up

We watched 7 Pounds Saturday night it was okay I thought it was a little hard to follow, but in the end it was a decent movie.
    Tough Times Don't Last...Tough People Do!

2012 last week

Quote Originally Posted by rfbdorf View Post
    We watched Catwomen of the Moon!
    We laughed our heads off.
    I have seen this too A station here used to run a "World's Worst Film Festival" every Friday night at midnight. A film professor from a local university hosted it and provided indepth analysis of each film. Watching it was definately one of the highlights of my week as you never knew what he was going to show. They were most often low budget sci fi flicks from the 50s and 60s, although he was also fond of screening the films of Ed Wood lol. Besides Catwomen on the Moon other memorable ones I saw via this series were The Terror of Tiny Town, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, The Most Dangerous Man Alive among many other