Page 103 of 107 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1064

Thread: Last Movie You Watched?

Finding Vivian Maier; a fascinating documentary about a woman who worked as a nanny for many years, but secretly took thousands of photos that no one ever saw until after her death. Film was made by the man who purchased many photographs at auction in a trunk after her death. I recommend this if you like photography or just stories about strange people!

(KLD)

Belle, inspired by a true story about an aristocratic family in 1770s England who raises their nephew's black daughter, born in the West Indies, at their English estate, as a sister and companion to another white niece. Follows the girls into young adulthood and the family's involvement in a notorious legal case that eventually led to the end of the slave trade and slavery in England. Beautifully photographed, spectacular costumes, and good acting.

The American Nurse. This documentary grew out of the book of the same title which was published last year, featuring the stories of 100 American nurses. The film focuses on only 5; a OB nurse at Johns Hopkins, a home health nurse in Appalachia, a hospice nurse in a Louisiana prison, a nursing home nurse and administrator, and a military and VA nurse. The latter is Brian McMillion, who I work with, and who worked for several years on our SCI unit. A fascinating study of why people work in the nursing field, and the passion that drives them in their work.

Locke. This British film takes place entirely in the inside of a car driving two hours to London, with the driver revealing his story through telephone conversations with his family, work associates, and others. A tour de force for the actor who is on screen nearly 100% of the time and must show all is emotional and thinking processes on his face.

This week I will be seeing "Chef" and "Million Dollar Arm" with the Cinema Society, and will post here about them later.

(KLD)

Blog Entries
    Finally got around to Gravity. Lots of special effects, but I found it predictable.
    Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

Secret Life of Walter Mitty.

A nice movie about a bloke who wishes his life was less boring and as adventurous as his day dreams. He makes the leap and finally does something about it....I could totally relate to this movie.
    "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

Quote Originally Posted by TomRL View Post
    Finally got around to Gravity. Lots of special effects, but I found it predictable.
    Yeah Gravity...after watching that I realise space would actually suck ass.

Sandra Bullock was great in it though....even though my daughter half way through the movie moaned out "oh jesus...just frigging die will you!"...lol, ah teenagers...
    "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

The Wolf of Wall Street. Runs about 3 hours but it's such an entertaining movie you don't even notice.

Quote Originally Posted by 2drwhofans View Post
    The Wolf of Wall Street. Runs about 3 hours but it's such an entertaining movie you don't even notice.
    Oh yeah, saw Wolf on Friday night...a great fun movie...how's when he destroyed his Lamborghini Countach, even though he thought he got home safely. lol...'ludes.

umm...It's a little embarassing, but the girl who played De Capprios wife...she's an Aussie, don't know her name...but...my god she is the very definition SMOKING HOT!

The week before we saw Filth...typical Irvine Welsh story, sleaze, drugs, drink, corruption, violent sex acts and foul language you would not believe. AWESOME!

Loved The Best Offer.

I have that on deck. I assume you refer to the Ben Stiller version and not the old Danny Kaye version.