Page 101 of 107 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1064

Thread: Last Movie You Watched?

Saw "Star Trek: Into Darkness" on Saturday. Satisfied the old Trekker in me. 3D was a plus.

Scott, I love Waterdance...one of my favorite all-time SCI related films. Who knew Wesley Snipes could actually act??!!! I like the rehab nurses in this film too.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Scott, I love Waterdance...one of my favorite all-time SCI related films. Who knew Wesley Snipes could actually act??!!! I like the rehab nurses in this film too.

(KLD)
    Yeah, Wesley was great. I guess he got typecast as an action movie figure that didn't get to show his talents. The whole cast did an amazing job.

With all the reality shows on TV, perhaps one in a SCI rehab would be a hit.

Watched The Quartet last night. It is a well acted, charming movie staring Maggie Smith and an ensemble cast of recognizable character actors. Directed by Dustin Hoffman.

The story line:
    At a home for retired musicians, the annual concert to celebrate Verdi's birthday is disrupted by the arrival of Jean, an eternal diva and the former wife of one of the residents.

All the best,
    GJ

went and seen the intermship last week was funny
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

This was on TCM tonight. A classic B movie with Mamie Van Doren and a lot of interesting characters. In this clip we see Uncle Fester and Vampira out of character. It was a treat to watch.

The Beat Generation (1959)

The wild, weird, world of the Beatniks! ...Sullen rebels, defiant chicks...searching for a life of their own! The pads...the jazz...the dives... those frantic "way-out" parties... beyond belief!
    Last edited by Tall Paul; 06-23-2013 at 01:50 AM.
    Just another tricky day. C5/6 incomplete, 43 years out.

You'll get through.

Got to see sneak preview of "Gravity' tonight (Sandra Bullock & George Clooney). Boy, is this an action packed thriller with spectacular special effects, graphics, and animation!! On the edge of your seat for the full 95 minutes. Be sure to see it in 3D.

(KLD)

"Sanctum" It was a real thriller, kept you on the edge of your seat. Filmed in Australia with the James Cameron effects! Great in 3D

Saw a sneak preview of "Captain Phillips" last night, and as usual, Tom Hanks gave a great performance. Even though you know the story of this cargo ship captain and the Somali pirates who captured his ship and kidnapped him, you are on the edge of your seat for the entire film. I recommend it.

KLD

I just watched The Sessions and see that others on this forum saw it as well. I was apprehensive to see it because I thought it might be depressing and today was a very melancholy day for me. I actually liked the movie a lot. The main character was charming, intelligent, funny, sensual and real. Everyone in the film did such a great job with their roles. I did cry but it was not because it was depressing as it wasn't. It touches your heart deeply.

This evening I got to see the documentary One Revolution, which is about Chris Waddell's trek up Mt. Kilimanjaro in Africa in 2009 on an off-road hand cycle. I thought the movie was very well made, and was amazed and humbled by the effort and shear athleticism displayed by Mr. Waddell in this film. He is traveling around he country showing the film and speaking to school children about disability issues as part of his One Revolution Foundation. You can see a little about the film here.

http://www.one-revolution.com/documentary.php

I bought the DVD and will donate it to our video collection at work.

(KLD)