Page 100 of 107 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1064

Thread: Last Movie You Watched?

I absolutely loved Lincoln. It confirmed my belief that Daniel Day Lewis is the world's premier actor. I know the screenplay was based on Doris Kerns Goodwin's book but I was really impressed by the screenwriter. I loved the humorous, meandering stories Lincoln told to anyone who would listen. Read an old book called The Lincoln Reader sometime ago, this detailed the same thing. When Lincoln was a young man he would hire himself out for labor with nearby farm families. He would stay with these families while doing the work and would entertain them into the night with an endless supply of stories. I was also touched by Lincoln's relationship and loving acceptance of his somewhat unbalanced wife and his relationship with his sons - just a great movie.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientgimp View Post
    I absolutely loved Lincoln. It confirmed my belief that Daniel Day Lewis is the world's premier actor. I know the screenplay was based on Doris Kerns Goodwin's book but I was really impressed by the screenwriter. I loved the humorous, meandering stories Lincoln told to anyone who would listen. Read an old book called The Lincoln Reader sometime ago, this detailed the same thing. When Lincoln was a young man he would hire himself out for labor with nearby farm families. He would stay with these families while doing the work and would entertain them into the night with an endless supply of stories. I was also touched by Lincoln's relationship and loving acceptance of his somewhat unbalanced wife and his relationship with his sons - just a great movie.
    Thanks...I plan on renting with hubby upon his return...I am the last to see it but oh well...much better to watch comfy at home with a stiff drink and popcorn that is healthy!
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Quote Originally Posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
    Thanks...I plan on renting with hubby upon his return...I am the last to see it but oh well...much better to watch comfy at home with a stiff drink and popcorn that is healthy!
    Have enough drinking supplies at the ready, it is 2hr 30min. I consumed a 6 pack while watching (solely for purpose of clearing up urine). I thought it was a far better movie than either Argo or Zero Dark Thirty.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientgimp View Post
    Have enough drinking supplies at the ready, it is 2hr 30min. I consumed a 6 pack while watching (solely for purpose of clearing up urine). I thought it was a far better movie than either Argo or Zero Dark Thirty.
    and aren't all movies better with a drink anyway?

Looking forward to it!
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Red Dawn.

Broken City. It was aightttt

Across The Universe. Though its not new and certainly not the first time that I've watched it, but it's one of my favorites. Good story and great music.

Flight

Best movie I've seen in a while. Denzel's acting is the bomb.
    Last edited by Southpaw; 04-10-2013 at 07:28 PM.

"The Monster That Challenged the World" (1957)

Hans Conried gives a stunning performance.

Just another tricky day. C5/6 incomplete, 43 years out.

You'll get through.

The Waterdance. I've seen it numerous times but I've never seen it in widescreen or in such clarity. I bought it and The Sessions on Amazon the other day.