Page 1 of 107 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Movie You Watched?

Last Movie You Watched?

Movies I saw this week (Cinema Society previews):

Lars and the Real Girl
    This film is very quirky, but hilarious. Ryan Gosling puts in a stellar performance as a very shy man who lives in his brother's garage. He buys a sex doll and develops a persistent delusion that she is a real woman....and his family, friends, doctor and town decide to play along with him. Patricia Clarkson plays his compassionate and caring physician. Not for everyone, but it was a hit for the Society (for the most part).

The Kite Runner
    Lots of security for this last night due to the issues over the safety of the child actors (still in Afghanistan). It was very faithful to the book, beautifully filmed and well acted. I would recommend reading the book first though, as without it some of the movie will be a little confusing. They had to cut a lot of the story simply to keep the time down to less than 2 hours. Take your Kleenex!

(KLD)

Last Movie You Watched?

So what is everyone watching? Old or new, in the theater or at home, and how was it?

Waiting for Guffman for me. One of my favorite comedys of all time! A mockumentary about the musical theater production put on in the small town of Blaine Missouri for it's 150th anniversay celebration. From the same group that did This is Spinal Tap, Best in Show and A Might Wind. This is one of those hilarious movies that my friends and I will randomly quote out of the blue. If you haven't seen it, I'm guessing a lot haven't, check it out. If you don't "I'm going home and I'm gonna...Gonna bite my pillow, is what I'm gonna do!"
    And will you succeed? Yes! You will indeed! 98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed ... Dr. Seuss - Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Well I was a little blue so I watched THE BARBARIANS
    Attachment 27782

Attachment 27783
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

Waiting for Guffman for me. One of my favorite comedys of all time! A mockumentary about the musical theater production put on in the small town of Blaine Missouri for it's 150th anniversay celebration. From the same group that did This is Spinal Tap, Best in Show and A Might Wind. This is one of those hilarious movies that my friends and I will randomly quote out of the blue. If you haven't seen it, I'm guessing a lot haven't, check it out. If you don't "I'm going home and I'm gonna...Gonna bite my pillow, is what I'm gonna do!"
    It's funny you mention that movie, I just today rented This is Spinal Tap to watch with my sons. I've seen all the movies you listed, that cast is hilarious!

"Well why don't you get one of those vagina enlargements!"

I watched Recount w/ Kevin Spacey. You'll enjoy even if you
    aren't political. The actors, mostly Spacey, did an excellent job..

Yesterday I watched The House Bunny with Anna Faris. The
    only reason I halfway enjoyed this was bc of all the cute girls,
    mostly Faris, running around in her skimpy outfits. Don't go too far
    out of your way for this one.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Just got done watching Untamed Heart on cable about an hour ago. Marissa Tomei and Chris Slater. I have to say, it watered my eyes at times. But I'm sappy like that
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    "Well why don't you get one of those vagina enlargements!"
    "Have you tried these egg rolls! Just excellent."
    And will you succeed? Yes! You will indeed! 98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed ... Dr. Seuss - Oh, the Places You'll Go!

"Step Brothers" with Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly. It was funny at times, but
    most of it was too obvious or sarcastic. It was a lot like "Walk Hard" in terms
    of humor.

Last movie I saw was Max Manus, a Norwegian movie
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1029235/

Most of the film is shot here in Oslo, so it was a "must see" movie. It was very nice. Like they say on imdb: The true story about one of the most brilliant saboteurs during World War II and his battle to overcome his inner demons.
    TH 12, 43 years post

I recently saw a great Indie film, but it is in limited distribution. Title is 'Where God Left His Shoes,' and is the story of a down and out Hispanic family. Very touching movie as the family strives against odds that are stacked against them.
    The other movie I saw lately was 'The Assassination of Jesse James' with Brad Pitt. I was surprised at how much I liked it because westerns are not my thing, but it is so much more than just a standard western. This deals with family issues, betrayal, atonement, and loss.