Page 50 of 107 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Movie You Watched?

Quote Originally Posted by Camille View Post
    The secret life of bees. I thought it was pretty good.
    It was pretty good, but the book is much better.

I saw Get Low this last weekend and really enjoyed it. You can just imagine the combination of Robert Duvall, Bill Murray, and Sissy Spacek in a period comedy, that also has a heart and drama.

(KLD)
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 08-13-2010 at 09:27 AM.

Last night I watched The Box with Cameron Diaz. Kinda creepy, but makes you think. Would you push a button for a million dollars if you knew someone you didnt know would die?

Stay safe my son. See you around thanksgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by Robynbird569 View Post
    Last night I watched The Box with Cameron Diaz. Kinda creepy, but makes you think. Would you push a button for a million dollars if you knew someone you didnt know would die?
    I watched that last week, and I thought it was a hot mess.

Not that I'd go into a Cameron Diaz movie expecting some high-brow film, but it was ridonkulous. The premise seemed interesting, the whole 'a stranger would die, you get rich, what does it do to your psyche/relationship' which could be enough of a mind f*ck in itself for a movie, but in the middle of it they threw in everything but the kitchen sink- STOP READING IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS: I mean, they threw in government conspiracy, aliens, near death/afterlife experience, creepy emo teenagers, kidnapping,the whole NASA/man hit in the face by lightning action, a glowing pool they stole from cocoon, (wtf was that about anyway?) teleportation.......... I mean. really. it's like a graveyard for 15 movie ideas that never came to fruition.

And don't even get me started about Diaz and here sometimes present southern accent. whomp whoommmmmp.
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

Went to see "Eat, Pray, Love" today. I am not the biggest Julia Roberts fan, but I love Javier Bardem, and Richard Jenkins (of "The Visitor") was great. Beautiful photography and scenery, but a pretty lightweight film for the book it is based on.

(KLD)

don't ever see The Bounty Hunter unless you enjoy torture. Terrible movie.
    Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
    -Dorothy Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by feisty View Post
    I watched that last week, and I thought it was a hot mess.

Not that I'd go into a Cameron Diaz movie expecting some high-brow film, but it was ridonkulous. The premise seemed interesting, the whole 'a stranger would die, you get rich, what does it do to your psyche/relationship' which could be enough of a mind f*ck in itself for a movie, but in the middle of it they threw in everything but the kitchen sink- STOP READING IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS: I mean, they threw in government conspiracy, aliens, near death/afterlife experience, creepy emo teenagers, kidnapping,the whole NASA/man hit in the face by lightning action, a glowing pool they stole from cocoon, (wtf was that about anyway?) teleportation.......... I mean. really. it's like a graveyard for 15 movie ideas that never came to fruition.

And don't even get me started about Diaz and here sometimes present southern accent. whomp whoommmmmp.

Just read this Fiesty and I had to laugh at your "diaz and her sometimes southern accent" Yea that was rather fake wasnt it. And I did get confused in the movie about the government and all. I assumed it was her husbands place of employment, NASA, that was doing this. It did get rather off handish and left one trying to figure shit out. Now I did like the idea of the story, The will you push the button, but then it took off and left you wondering what the hell is that all about mentality. Cameron Diaz isnt one of my favorite actresses either.

Stay safe my son. See you around thanksgiving!

Scott Pilgrim vs the World!

yes.. good movie
    Rick Brauer or just call me - Mr B

http://www.riseadventures.org

Saw "The Extra Man" this weekend, and sadly was very disappointed. I usually like Kevin Kline, as well as John C. Reilly, but didn't like any of the characters in this weird film at all, and found the ending especially unsatisfying. Skip this one, or wait until you can get it cheaper than seeing it at a movie theater.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by Rbrauer View Post
    Scott Pilgrim vs the World!

yes.. good movie
    I loved it!

went to see the other guys when it first came out first movie i been to in 11 years it was funny
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]