Page 1 of 68 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Movie You Watched?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Last Movie You Watched?

Movies I saw this week (Cinema Society previews):

Lars and the Real Girl
    This film is very quirky, but hilarious. Ryan Gosling puts in a stellar performance as a very shy man who lives in his brother's garage. He buys a sex doll and develops a persistent delusion that she is a real woman....and his family, friends, doctor and town decide to play along with him. Patricia Clarkson plays his compassionate and caring physician. Not for everyone, but it was a hit for the Society (for the most part).

The Kite Runner
    Lots of security for this last night due to the issues over the safety of the child actors (still in Afghanistan). It was very faithful to the book, beautifully filmed and well acted. I would recommend reading the book first though, as without it some of the movie will be a little confusing. They had to cut a lot of the story simply to keep the time down to less than 2 hours. Take your Kleenex!

(KLD)

The Lars movie is scary, because it's close to reality for me this winter. I'm just about to be snowed in by 7 to 17 inches of the decorative precipitation.
    I'll add it to my NetFlix queue. I like Patricia Clarkson, who once played Kelsey Grammer's girlfriend on "Frasier."

Up in the air I thought was good, I could really relate to it cause I travel a lot, and yes I do have have a Hilton Honors card like George Clooney had in the movie and it is great.

I didnt really care too much for Its complicated, although it did have its funny moments, it was more like watching a made for TV sit com. I was kinda disappointed with Steve Martin in that movie. I guess the "Wild and Crazy Guy" has really mellowed out a lot to the point of being really sad and boring.

Now that I've seen Avatar 4 times, nothing else really holds a candle to that movie.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

District 9 was great. Note some thematic similarities to real-life events (MNU = Blackwater perhaps?) Overall, a good story, great action, only a few nitpicky flaws I noticed not worth mentioning.

MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD: Anybody else notice that the Nigerian warlord was a wheeler? Did you catch is pimped-out chair? Also I got a major nerd high for the mecha suit at the end. Half-Life 2 players will notice the suit came with a gravity gun. Flying pig attack!

that movie about the stoner kids doing their history report, they went back in time and gathered the greatest people in the history of man. love that movie but dont know the name of it. Bill and teds great adventure I think but not sure. then monsters inc.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    that movie about the stoner kids doing their history report, they went back in time and gathered the greatest people in the history of man. love that movie but dont know the name of it. Bill and teds great adventure I think but not sure. then monsters inc.
    Bill and Ted's EXCELLENT Adventure. Keanu Reeve's breakout role.

I watched Inglorious Basterds last night. It was OK I guess. I always like Tarantino movies more the 2nd or 3rd time round.

Watched Paul Newman in Hud this morning, great movie.

The Bucket List. Jack and Morgan were great. Never heard the saying of a "bucket list". Guess I need get one started.
    oh well

Green Street Hooligans

I liked this movie, and would like to hear from folks in England as to the reality of it. Kind of reminds me of the fighting we did as a kid - no guns, knives, etc.

Revolutionary Road

Good acting, but depressing movie.

eta: Guess the first one is called Green Street in the UK.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Watched the new Star Trek movie last night. I give it about a 3 out of 4, though that might be a bit generous.