Page 42 of 108 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Movie You Watched?

The Human Centipede

By far the most disturbing movie I have ever seen.

I couldn't finish it. Proceed with caution, even with the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by captainwelch View Post
    The Human Centipede

By far the most disturbing movie I have ever seen.

I couldn't finish it. Proceed with caution, even with the trailer.
    I read a review on it-sounds creepy.

Sex and the City 2. Better than the 1st one, nowhere near as good as the series. At least it didn't have all the emphasis on labels, name brands etc. The ladies go to Abu Dubai. Samantha gets into trouble. Carrie sees Aidan. Charlotte and Miranda confess that motherhood is harder than they thought it would be. Chris Noth looks good enough to eat, so does Smith, I thought the ladies looked great, and Abu Dubai looked liked a fantasyland until they started telling them how to dress and act. It's the Middle East, much is forbidden for women.

august rush.... its one of my favs
    I have more to claim.
    I have to fight through the hard places
    to go and get it!

most recent video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHLEinnhYtg

I've been watching Doubt a lot lately. Brilliant film and acting! This is a must-see film. Meryl Streep is amazing in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    I read a review on it-sounds creepy.
    I was browsing Roger Ebert's latest reviews and noticed he gave it 0 stars. (If you ever have time to kill, Ebert's 0 and 1 star reviews are pretty awesome.) I'd never heard of it until then, and I wish I could brain bleach what I did read. What a gross contribution to the world.

Last night we rewatched one of my faves, Touching the Void. It's about a mountain climb that went unbelievably wrong, but all true. I get the shivers just thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    I've been watching Doubt a lot lately. Brilliant film and acting! This is a must-see film. Meryl Streep is amazing in every way.

I too have watched this film a couple of times. She does play a tough cookie in the film.

Stay safe my son. See you around thanksgiving!

Saw the movie UP on Starz the other day. Laughed my arse off it was pretty funny. "Squirrel"

Quote Originally Posted by Robynbird569 View Post
    I too have watched this film a couple of times. She does play a tough cookie in the film.
    Oh, let's discuss it, please! Do you remember it well? I want someone to talk to about it because I want to know their impressions. Do you think Sister Aloysuis' suspicions were correct? Or do you think Father Flynn was completely innocent? Or is the truth in the middle?

Here's my observations:

1. William London pulling his hand from Father Flynn could have easily been a reaction from being teased about his finger nails, not necessarily indicative that Father Flynn was ever inappropriate with him.

2. Father Flynn claimed he requested to speak with Donald Miller because Mr. McGuinn caught him drinking altar wine. However, the wine was on Donald's breath AFTER meeting Father Flynn. We never get the impression that it was on his breath when Sister James got the call in the class for Donald to go to the rectory.

3. When Father Flynn and Sister Alyosuis have their last argument in her office, she goes to walk out, he calls her back in, and then proceeeds to take her very vague statements as if he's admitting guilt of something, but not of something as severe as she believes.

What do you think?

I had to watch it a couple times to understand if her accusations were correct and yes I believe she was. What got me sold on it was when she stated she called a sister at his previous church, then he decided to resign that church. He didnt admit to it but I took it he was backed into a corner and couldnt deny it. Also the conversation with the boys mother, to me that was making the picture seem clearer.
    Now about the altar wine, didnt the sister say she could smell it on his breath in class? My impression once the story unfolded, he got the boy a bit relaxed to do as he pleases with him. I recall there was something to do with a shirt also, but that part I dont remember to well, phone seems to ring when that scene is on.
    This movie is definatly one that you play the detective, also you really have to read into the middle of all thats being said and done.
    I got Ondemand through my cable, I am going to see if it is still available to catch if anything more I missed or miscalculated. Def. a worthwhile movie indeed.