Page 66 of 107 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576 ... LastLast

Thread: Last Movie You Watched?

Quote Originally Posted by jbinny View Post
    The Other Guys.

Hands down the WORST movie I've ever seen. Honestly, I couldn't even finish it and I wanted to like it.
    I agree--had high hopes for this one, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Black Swan...amazing! Beautiful dancing, amazing story, symbolism, just ah, great stuff.
    I was concerned this movie was going to be too dark and depressing. Glad to see a positive review.

I had an 80s dance night and watch Flashdance followed by Footloose
    C3/4 Brown Sequard

Quote Originally Posted by Patty41 View Post
    I was concerned this movie was going to be too dark and depressing. Glad to see a positive review.
    I mean it's not a happy ending, but I just related to it a lot and thought the story-telling was done well.
    Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
    -Dorothy Thompson

Blue Valentine with Ryan Gosling and Michele Williams.

Boy, could I relate to that movie! It's about a woman married to a loser from the beginning, only she didn't realize it at first.

Like I said, touched a nerve.

Excellent description from the comments section:
    .. everything about it is incredibly inspired and brave and poetic. the acting is astounding (i can't remember the last time i saw 2 movie stars be so raw)... the honest, unflinching portrayal of a real relationship is something you don't see much ..
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Just watched Clint Eastwood
    Grand Torino

I liked Grand Torino. It got some criticism for being predictable, but Clint Eastwood is still hot.

Soft spoken Clint, there will never be another like him! I was wondering if he was trying to tell us that would be his last movie?

He is and will always be one of my favorites
    Oldtimer I dont know if this will be his last movie
    I hope not

He is also an excellent pianist. There was a series on blues musicians on PBS and he directed one of them if I recall correct.