Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It All Adds Up!

Unhappy It All Adds Up!

I just couldn't understand how this new pressure sore Bill has got so deep so fast .... well I know now. He has osteo in his sitting bones and my guess is its been hiding there all along .. incubating ... when Bill got that shear (on the same spot his flap was done) ... coincidently .... or are there no coincidences .. and then voila next thing I know I'm picking and picking out slough like its wet tissue paper ... I should have realized ..... what's up down there???? it's coming from the inside out.

Anyway to make a long story short .... the AD like symtoms he's been having for over a month now, low grade temp, no appetitie on and off and general malaise were probably all signs (chalky tasting mouth is still a mystery) and of course ..... we missed it ... again ..... was it the flu?? was it depression?? he had other sores that were still healing .. was it them??? agghhh ...... it could drive you drive you crazy sorting it out and then finally when the pieces all come together it's so easy to see in hindsight !!

Anyhoo just wanted to vent and share cause what else is there to do ..... yet again .... at least now it explains why the super duper mattress we bought wasn't doing it's job ..... it probably was but nothing ... nothing is going to matter if you're dealing with osteo ..... TAKE CARE OF YOUR SKIN ...... it can't be overstated!!

Obieone
    ETA - for newbies and anyone else who may be interested -
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/osteomyelitis/DS00759
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/bv...d.section.1645
    Last edited by Obieone; 01-12-2009 at 04:56 PM.
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

What a bummer. At least now you know what the root problem is.
    - Richard

I can hear your justified frustration Obie. Glad that at the very least the cause is now known.

Awwwwwwwwwwwww man, that just sucks.
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

sorry to hear that.......yuk

Quote Originally Posted by rfbdorf View Post
    What a bummer.
    LOL

Sorry to hear this Obie, but now you know what is causing it, maybe it will speed things along.

I just had a scare with a very minor sore, that and reading posts like this make me realize I was getting a bit blase about things.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by rfbdorf View Post
    What a bummer.
    Ah me ... I'm a little slow ..... just clued in to that little play on words It feels good to laugh !! Thanks for the kind words everyone!!

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

oh Obie...I'm so sorry...sending some healing hugs you're way..

That sucks Osteo is hard to get rid of. I had spot on the corner of my foot that would heal, get bad, heal, etc. etc. then when I had an x-ray on it, came up with osteo. I did six weeks of IV antibiotics and then another month of oral but that still did not clean it out. I had to have a small surgery to cut that piece of bone out. I can't imagine what they would have to do to take the piece of bone out of the hip.

Good luck. I hope it gets better
    C4 incomplete since 1985

what can be done for it then? now that it is in the bone?