Thread: What Obama's car will contain

Is it true that they keep "bottles" of the president's blood onboard? Doesn't blood need to be refrigerated all the time? It's no problem to have a refrigerator in a car but it would need to always be turned on. That would present a problem even with backup elctricity since the limo is transported all around the world. Ahh, on second thought, recreational vehicles have refrigerators in them that are always kept cold but still.....

How long does refrigerated blood stay viable for? Can blood be frozen?

Wouldn't plasma or synthetic blood-like products be a better alternative. Or just plain saline?

How much of the president's own blood would need to be in "storage" at any given time? Seems he may have quite a few "weak" days from giving so much blood so often. With this type of emergency contingency planning I imagine they'd need a supply in the White House, on Air Force and Marine One... and these jets and choppers change by virtue of whether the president is onboard or not so the blood would need to be damn near everywhere... or in a portable cooler.

And the president doesn't always ride in the same limo either. It would make better sense to carry the blood along with the "football" the president uses to control the nukes with.

I think it would make better/better sense just to always have a couple/few secret service agents around who are of the president's blood type and who are routinely tested for blood borne diseases.

The president's limo stops to pay tolls?

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Good questions, Bob. Now I'd like to know too.

That would be an awesome bonus vehicle to unlock in the next Grand Theft Auto sequel!

If this is the car of the President of the United States, why is the price listed in a foreign denomination (under Factfile)?
    Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

it only goes up to 60 mph????? How will he flee in times of danger?

Oh and how come we never got a chance to check out what Bush rode in? I'd like to know more about his vehicle actually.

Doesn't seem like a very good idea to give away secrets of the technology of th ecar

Quote Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
    Doesn't seem like a very good idea to give away secrets of the technology of th ecar
    LOL I know right.

I found myself looking for ways the car could be penetrated.

Im thinking an Iranian style (not Iraqi) IED, could do the trick (they have c4 power). There's no mention of armor UNDER the car. and with such an explosion those oxygen tanks might not be a great idea.

No reactive armour? Ripped off.

Quote Originally Posted by Imight View Post
    it only goes up to 60 mph????? How will he flee in times of danger?
    It goes a lot faster, believe me.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!