Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What power chair should I get?

What power chair should I get?

My local w/c guy has suggested that I finally get a new chair. I've been using my Invacare Storm Arrow for at least 12 years. He is recommending the Invacare XDT. I also need a good tilt system. My insurance will cover 80%, so I've got to come up with the rest.
    What do you recommend?

My mother got a Permobile C400 this summer and loves it. Check their chairs out. You don't have to stick with Invacare. If you DME doesn't deal with them, look elsewhere. Be sure you get an actual trial in the chairs you are considering.

Keep in mind that if you are on Medicare that you will have to have a chair eval done with a PT who is certified to do these for Medicare.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    My local w/c guy has suggested that I finally get a new chair. I've been using my Invacare Storm Arrow for at least 12 years. He is recommending the Invacare XDT. I also need a good tilt system. My insurance will cover 80%, so I've got to come up with the rest.
    What do you recommend?
    Do you mean TDX?
    I just got a invacare TDX SP with CCG Full Tilt and Recline
    Jazzy 2 back Medicare paid for it all.

I think we may have close to the same chairs I really like mine. I liked my Ranger X also. It only had tilt

What state are you in?
    Last edited by reedyd; 01-11-2009 at 06:21 PM. Reason: more to add

Power Chair

Rolling in a new Permobil 400 with tilt, recline, elevate and leg elevate; using Permobil deep back with a Varalite Evolution seat cushion. I love it.
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

I don't remember if he told me XDT or TDX. I'll call him tomorrow.
    I'm in CA.

It is the TDX. Is this a good chair?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDave View Post
    It is the TDX. Is this a good chair?

I have had 1 (TDX5 over 1000 miles on it) for 4 1/2 years it has been a very good chair . When its time to get a new one I will get a TDX again

I've been using a TDX SP for just about 9 months and love it. Had a Quickie P200 for 10yrs with same set of batteries! but I love my SP
    C4 incomplete since 1985

Tdx

Quote Originally Posted by crppled007 View Post
    I've been using a TDX SP for just about 9 months and love it. Had a Quickie P200 for 10yrs with same set of batteries! but I love my SP
    I like my TDX it has tilt/recline but the darn thing squeals like the bearings or brushes are bad. They told me to drive it awhile. If it does not stop they will replace the motors.
    I have only had it for about 2 weeks. Also I'm waiting to have my ez lock pen installed.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post

Keep in mind that if you are on Medicare that you will have to have a chair eval done with a PT who is certified to do these for Medicare.

(KLD)
    Is this a new rule or was it in effect last year? I didn't see it on the Medicare website but there is so much info I might have overlooked it.

Thanks.