Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cabin fever

Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago View Post
    2 years in my room ....except the hospital visits.3 times.
    Then do something about it ..... go outside!
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423 View Post
    Then do something about it ..... go outside!
    -25 C ....if i go outside for sure pneumonia ...what to see outside?AB WALKING enjoying their life ...while i cannot smile because pain,spasms ,urine ,bowel accidents?I am not pessimist but reality sucks.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

I can see why that keeps you in now ..... the weather keeps me in now too, But it hasn;t been that cold for the last 3 years. As soon as it warms up, enjoy the moment, and go out in your garden. You have posted pictures there before, You can't meet that new ladyfriend in your bedroom!
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post

I don't know why I am saying it, you are not going to do it anyway.
    I know, me too.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago View Post
    -25 C ....if i go outside for sure pneumonia ...what to see outside?AB WALKING enjoying their life ...while i cannot smile because pain,spasms ,urine ,bowel accidents?I am not pessimist but reality sucks.
    You don't get pneumonia from the cold. You get pneumonia from other people carrying bacterias and give them to you. Put on a lot of clothes. You still have your winther clothes, or have you been putting them in the garbage? Don't you think the rest of us has pain, spasms, utis and bowel accidents?

I am going to rehab in the mountains in March, I am sure it is -40 there because it is one of the most cold place in Norway. They have made the rehab there so people can be out doing wintersports in the winter. Do you think they would have made it there if they thought people were getting pneumonia from the cold.
    TH 12, 43 years post

what means rehab to you wfe.....to me means torture without any results.they did it once to me in usa roswell after my injury ..no way to do the same mistake ....to push my body to the limits while my neck is brocken ....6... 10 months years after my injury and still alive ............
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

I got up to go to church. There was snow on the ground.
    A ramp goes from my porch up to where my car is parked.
    The tires on my chair were spinning.
    My car was covered with snow and ice.
    I got in anyway. I was amazed that the wipers worked.
    The electric windows weren't even frozen.
    I had to make 4 runs to get up the slippery driveway.

As usual I didn't want to go out.
    I did and was glad.
    I went to someone's house after the church meeting.
    The guys were watching the Eagles and Giants in the basement.
    They could have carried me down, but I stayed up where most of the women were.
    I'm blessed to be able to get out.
    Rich

Rehab means for me to push myself to the limit. Of course I get result. What about my heart, my lungs and my endurance. I need strong arms to use since I want to push my chair far and I need my arms more than the AB. It means exercise, exercise, exercise. Even quads need to push the chair and take care of the rest of the body.

And it means fun. I want to try sit ski, to be out in the snow, dog sledge racing, dancing, swimming and to meat other people in the same situation. I am looking foreward to it and I think I am lucky who have the possibility to be there for four weeks. I have been there before.

It is like a holiday, i don't need to make food and clean the house, no children to take care of, I can consentrate only on my self and my body One of the weeks is a a special week, people are coming from all over the world to make competition about skiing and other winter sports and even the Norwegian princess is coming to watch. I think you can google the place and the week. The place is called Beitostølen and the spesial week is called Ridderrennet.

I am not walking out of there but my body is going to be in a much better shape.
    TH 12, 43 years post

That sounds great women from Europe!
    Have a nice time!
    Rich

As of today, we are ahead of last years snow fall total. How much do you ask did you get last year Dave? Only 489 inches!!
    Steamboat Springs has the best "Champagne Powder" in the world. Problem is I don't ski. Stay warm and smile!
    Dave E. C6-7 Incomp. Quad 9-06

"NEVER LOSE SIGHT OF YOUR DREAMS!"
    "THERE IS NOTHING BETTER FOR THE INSIDE OF A MAN / WOMAN THAN THE OUTSIDE OF A HORSE"