Thread: Homeopathic/Naturopathic Treatments for SCI

Homeopathic/Naturopathic Treatments for SCI

I am a 24 year old paraplegic, having suffered a spinal cord injury 6 years ago. It is a T-10 'complete' injury. I'm currently taking approximately 6 medications for my spinal cord injury and it's subsequent complications. I would like to pursue more natural alternatives to these medications, as I feel the adverse side effects of these medications are beginning to outweigh the benefits. Additionally, I do not feel the medications are adequately addressing the medical complications I have as a result of my spinal cord injury. I believe homeopathic medicine could potentially benefit me far greater.

Furthermore, I would like to enhance my overall health as well as any potential nerve regeneration within my spinal cord by means of homeopathic/naturopathic treatments.

I have researched Laurance Johnston and his book 'Alternative Medicine and Spinal Cord Injury'.

http://www.healingtherapies.info/Tab...20Contents.htm

I was wondering if anyone with an SCI has pursued homeopathic/naturopathic remedies for their SCI and their subsequent complications - and if so, what resources, practitioners, etc. did you consult in the process?

Hi,

I have not heard of this book and will check it out. Unfortunately, I do not have experience with your questions. Let's see if others can offer information.

AAD